Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - agentsquash - 21-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 10:36 AM)RDJ Wrote:  Louise Minchin in presenting Lorraine today and tomorrow.

I wonder if we may see her progress on to GMB as a stand in for Susanna at times if she desires to do so.

On the topic of the Christmas Day special, I gather they were recorded this week. So it’s unlikely Kate will be at the helm.

GMB truly becoming the home of retired BBC Breakfast presenters!

RE: Good Morning Britain - RhysJR - 21-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 10:36 AM)RDJ Wrote:  Louise Minchin in presenting Lorraine today and tomorrow.

I wonder if we may see her progress on to GMB as a stand in for Susanna at times if she desires to do so.

On the topic of the Christmas Day special, I gather they were recorded this week. So it’s unlikely Kate will be at the helm.

Is she doing any other broadcasting work since leaving Breakfast? I can't remember hearing her name pop up anywhere.

Regardless, someone who is more than able at mastering the breakfast TV show format, so a good appointment to hear about.

RE: Good Morning Britain - JMT1985 - 21-12-2023

I have never watched GMB on Christmas Day - how exactly do they fill two hours of content which is all pre-recorded? Are there any live news inserts at all on the day?

RE: Good Morning Britain - callumwatchestelly - 21-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 01:36 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I have never watched GMB on Christmas Day - how exactly do they fill two hours of content which is all pre-recorded? Are there any live news inserts at all on the day?

I don't think there's any news related segments at all on the Christmas show

RE: Good Morning Britain - Brekkie - 21-12-2023

Suspect they fill it in a similar manner to BBC Breakfast - the live news agenda isn't really the priority on Christmas morning.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 21-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 12:45 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  GMB truly becoming the home of retired BBC Breakfast presenters!

She wasn’t presenting GMB, it was Lorraine she was filling in on

She did it before a few months back

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 21-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 01:36 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I have never watched GMB on Christmas Day - how exactly do they fill two hours of content which is all pre-recorded? Are there any live news inserts at all on the day?

No live inserts, it's all celebrity guests, looking back at the year, usually a musical guest of some variety and lots of festive fluff - which is really what people want on Xmas Day

RE: Good Morning Britain - mark - 21-12-2023

Last year they also had a preview of the King's speech, which was topical. I remember the show not feeling too obviously pre-recorded.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 24-12-2023

In a change to the printed listings, GMB is only an hour tomorrow morning at 8am

RE: Good Morning Britain - JMT1985 - 24-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 10:02 PM)Andrew Wrote:  In a change to the printed listings, GMB is only an hour tomorrow morning at 8am

Why has this happened? And when was this pre-recorded?