Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - Neil Jones - 24-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 02:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Suspect they fill it in a similar manner to BBC Breakfast - the live news agenda isn't really the priority on Christmas morning.

Breaking News: Santa's been! Smile

RE: Good Morning Britain - DavidWhitfield - 24-12-2023

"Our highlights from 2023 and a very special 1 Million Minutes Awards ceremony in honour of 'ordinary people doing extraordinary things' to combat loneliness."

Sounds more like a compilation of clips of stuff they've already aired rather than a 'new' programme this year.

RE: Good Morning Britain - lepeterrr - 24-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 11:22 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  "Our highlights from 2023 and a very special 1 Million Minutes Awards ceremony in honour of 'ordinary people doing extraordinary things' to combat loneliness."

Sounds more like a compilation of clips of stuff they've already aired rather than a 'new' programme this year.
Possibly replaced because of the sad situation with Kate & Derek.

RE: Good Morning Britain - JustJamie - 25-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 11:22 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  "Our highlights from 2023 and a very special 1 Million Minutes Awards ceremony in honour of 'ordinary people doing extraordinary things' to combat loneliness."

It pretty much was. Just a compilation of their best bits for an hour.

RE: Good Morning Britain - mark - 25-12-2023

Very bizarre and nothing like the really good Christmas Day shows they've done in the past few years. I wonder whether it wasn't possible to do the proper pre-record for some reason, or if they just decided not to.

RE: Good Morning Britain - radiorebel - 25-12-2023

I also think I remember seeing a promo showing that Ben & Susanna would be presenting? But it was Ben & Ranvir.

Edit: I just checked the press release. “ Good Morning Britain will be on air from 7am on Christmas Day with Susanna Reid and Ben Shepherd, followed by Lorraine at 9am with Stephen Fry and the cast of Call The Midwife.“

All very strange.

RE: Good Morning Britain - JMT1985 - 25-12-2023

Maybe it is time to not bother with a recorded GMB on Christmas Day - the ratings must have been very low, waste of money.

RE: Good Morning Britain - Joe - 25-12-2023

Probably forgot to put an SD card in the camera

RE: Good Morning Britain - Andrew - 25-12-2023

I could possibly see the GMB Christmas edition being phased out as it has to have a different format than normal

Lorraine and This Morning specials are much more obvious and worth keeping

RE: Good Morning Britain - Pips2022 - 26-12-2023

Theres a strong chance the scheduling change was Kate-related, and they perhaps felt if the worse had happened with her situation over the weekend it would have seemed weird and inappropriate were they not referring to it by Monday morning.

Easier to pull the whole programme than get the tone wrong.