Pres Café
Good Morning Britain - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good Morning Britain (/showthread.php?tid=60)

RE: Good Morning Britain - lepeterrr - 23-12-2022

Very nice Christmas GMB themes this morning!

RE: Good Morning Britain - mark - 25-12-2022

Merry Christmas!

I watched a fair bit of the Christmas Day GMB this morning, and thought it was excellent and very festive. For a pre-recorded programme, it felt really topical too.

I really liked the triple-header of Susanna, Ben and Kate - I actually think that would work well permanently.

In my view, ITV has got the Christmas morning/early afternoon schedule spot-on for the past couple of years, mixing the best of the regular weekday and weekend line-ups to create a warm and familiar feel that rises to the occasion.

RE: Good Morning Britain - UTVLifer - 25-12-2022

I really enjoyed the GMB Christmas Special this morning.

And now that GMB is onto the 3rd year of doing these pre-recorded Christmas Day shows they've figured out the right balance between festive fluff, entertainment and reflecting on the year. The line-up was great with Susanna, Ben and Kate, though maybe next year it would be nice for some more of the wider GMB family (Charlotte and Ranvir perhaps) to be involved in some way with the Xmas Day show

RE: Good Morning Britain - EJnutz - 27-12-2022

Gordon Smart joins GMB this week tpco-present with Charlotte on Thursday & Friday

Superman1986 - Superman1986 - 27-12-2022

(27-12-2022, 11:49 AM)EJnutz Wrote:  Gordon Smart joins GMB this week tpco-present with Charlotte on Thursday & Friday
Never heard of him, have they actually ran out of guest presenters already?, it’ll be Matt Hancock next lol

RE: Good Morning Britain - AllanTheScot - 27-12-2022

Ex Radio X evening show DJ also does podcasts and other radio stuff if I remember rightly.

RE: Good Morning Britain - BBI45 - 27-12-2022

(27-12-2022, 01:29 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  Ex Radio X evening show DJ also does podcasts and other radio stuff if I remember rightly.

He also pops up on Radio 5 Live from time to time.

RE: Good Morning Britain - London Lite - 27-12-2022

(27-12-2022, 01:29 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  Ex Radio X evening show DJ also does podcasts and other radio stuff if I remember rightly.

And former showbiz journalist for The Sun.

RE: Superman1986 - Andrew - 28-12-2022

(27-12-2022, 12:04 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  
(27-12-2022, 11:49 AM)EJnutz Wrote:  Gordon Smart joins GMB this week tpco-present with Charlotte on Thursday & Friday
Never heard of him, have they actually ran out of guest presenters already?, it’ll be Matt Hancock next lol

I haven’t got any stats, but seems to me that Adil Ray has been on a lot less this year than the last.

On the weeks that Richard Madeley doesn’t do, it feels like there isn’t an obvious next in line, they’ve used Ed Balls often as a result.

I expected it to be Sean Fletcher this week, it’s generally the only time he gets to sit in the main chair these days

RE: Good Morning Britain - all new phil - 28-12-2022

Not necessarily wishing to go all ‘zOmG are they testing him out to be the new presenter’ etc but Gordon Smart is too random a name for them to pick for fill-in when most viewers won’t know who he is. I’d guess this is some form of screen testing for at least semi-regular cover if not the permanent gig, however much they’ll say otherwise. Ticks a lot of the Piers boxes being ex-tabloid. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Just occurred to me that Alastair Campbell seems to have been dropped from the roster of hosts, he hasn’t been in a long time as far as I’ve seen.