Pres Café
BBC News Reforms - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Reforms (/showthread.php?tid=619)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: BBC News Reforms - JamesWorldNews - 02-12-2023

It’s not beyond impossible that one of the Breakfast presenters could also do the One. Jon, Naga, Sally, Charlie, Ben and Nina gives them a fairly large pool to choose from. And all of them are capable of a National bulletin.

RE: BBC News Reforms - Stooky Bill - 02-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 03:54 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I still don't quite get why moving to Salford would save money though, it just feels all a bit puzzling to me
So they can share one set of staff between Breakfast and the One, and another between the Six and the Ten. 

Having a seperate team doing Breakfast in one city and then having to rota shifts across 3 bulletins in London is less efficient. 

Someone coming in for a 10 or 12 hour shift can work on both. Covering the One, Six and Ten requires more shifts

RE: BBC News Reforms - Brekkie - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 05:08 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  It’s not beyond impossible that one of the Breakfast presenters could also do the One. Jon, Naga, Sally, Charlie, Ben and Nina gives them a fairly large pool to choose from. And all of them are capable of a National bulletin.

Not impossible but doubt it would be the norm - cover at most.   Of course also the possibility that one of them might leave Breakfast to become the main presenter of the One - Charlie Stayt could be a good call, especially as when it comes to network bulletins they're kind of lacking on the male side now.

You'd also have the North West Tonight team to draw upon - I could see Roger being a regular cover presenter.   Has Annabel ever done Breakfast?

And if recruitment is opened up to outside the BBC it might be something Gamal Fahnbulleh could be a good fit for - he's regularly been doing ITV network bulletins alongside Granada Reports

Superman1986 - Superman1986 - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 09:56 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not impossible but doubt it would be the norm - cover at most.   Of course also the possibility that one of them might leave Breakfast to become the main presenter of the One - Charlie Stayt could be a good call, especially as when it comes to network bulletins they're kind of lacking on the male side now.

You'd also have the North West Tonight team to draw upon - I could see Roger being a regular cover presenter.   Has Annabel ever done Breakfast?

And if recruitment is opened up to outside the BBC it might be something Gamal Fahnbulleh could be a good fit for - he's regularly been doing ITV network bulletins alongside Granada Reports
Annabel was in the BBC Breakfast studio with the rest of the day’s news when Dan Walker did Olympic Breakfast in August 2021, with Sarah Keith Lucas on the weather

RE: BBC News Reforms - harshy - 02-12-2023

I doubt the breakfast presenters will do the one, they wake up too early they will have been at work for 12 hours or something maybe by the time the 1 starts.

RE: BBC News Reforms - chris - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 10:36 AM)harshy Wrote:  I doubt the breakfast presenters will do the one, they wake up too early they will have been at work for 12 hours or something maybe by the time the 1 starts.
I don’t think people were suggesting they would do it the same day. More that there’s a pool of Salford presenters who could do the 1 on days they’re not doing Breakfast.

RE: BBC News Reforms - watchingtv - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 11:04 AM)chris Wrote:  I don’t think people were suggesting they would do it the same day. More that there’s a pool of Salford presenters who could do the 1 on days they’re not doing Breakfast.

Wouldn't rule it out either, as regional presenters go on to present the lunchtime and that's after 1pm played out.

RE: BBC News Reforms - Lec_Ver16 - 02-12-2023

If they are making this move to Salford. Could it make sense that the News Channel stand-in presenter from 9.30 to 13.00 will be also based from there?

RE: BBC News Reforms - DTV - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 12:59 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  If they are making this move to Salford. Could it make sense that the News Channel stand-in presenter from 9.30 to 13.00 will be also based from there?
No, because they are the presenter who does the 07:00-09:00 World shift.

RE: BBC News Reforms - Brekkie - 02-12-2023

Has anything been said about Morning Live in relation to the extension to Breakfast. I think we've all assumed it'll run 9.30-10.30 so they can drop the half hour edits of the daytime shows that usually air at 10.45am, but I've not seen any confirmation of this.