Pres Café
BBC News Reforms - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Reforms (/showthread.php?tid=619)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: BBC News Reforms - mikeho - 30-11-2023

Does the move on the BBC News at One mean that Jane and Ben have to be relocated to Manchester?

RE: BBC News Reforms - Brekkie - 30-11-2023

And presumable the lunchtime Sportsday will just become part of the bulletin so they'll just throw to it on the otherside of the studio anyway.

RE: BBC News Reforms - DTV - 01-12-2023

(30-11-2023, 11:03 PM)mikeho Wrote:  Does the move on the BBC News at One mean that Jane and Ben have to be relocated to Manchester?
Not necessarily. If I had to guess, I expect they would have one Salford-based presenter (who might be new) presenting most days, with remaining days covered by a London-based presenter travelling up. A new presenter might seem like an expense, but I suspect justifiable given the national team has lost two presenters this year and the fact several other members of the team are at or nearing the point at which they can retire.

RE: BBC News Reforms - Stooky Bill - 01-12-2023

(30-11-2023, 11:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  And presumable the lunchtime Sportsday will just become part of the bulletin so they'll just throw to it on the otherside of the studio anyway.
Well that might well be where some of the extra 15 minutes comes from. Integrate the regional news and sports news and it's not much more than what is produced now

RE: BBC News Reforms - Omnipresent - 01-12-2023

Watching the News at One at home today I think it is beyond absurd it’s being moved out of a huge purpose built studio to Salford.

RE: BBC News Reforms - Stooky Bill - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 03:16 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Watching the News at One at home today I think it is beyond absurd it’s being moved out of a huge purpose built studio to Salford.
It's not as if the studio in London won't be used for anything, and there's an even newer one for it to move into in Salford.

It's not about the studio though, it's about saving money and making effiencies. They're not going to decide to stay in London just because of the studio when they can save money elsewhere

RE: BBC News Reforms - London Lite - 01-12-2023

I doubt BBC London will move into B for the lunchtime bulletin when E is more suitable, despite not getting the IKEA sets the rest of the English regions are receiving.

RE: BBC News Reforms - Roger Darthwell - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 03:40 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It's not as if the studio in London won't be used for anything, and there's an even newer one for it to move into in Salford.

It's not about the studio though, it's about saving money and making effiencies. They're not going to decide to stay in London just because of the studio when they can save money elsewhere

I still don't quite get why moving to Salford would save money though, it just feels all a bit puzzling to me

RE: BBC News Reforms - Brekkie - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 03:40 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It's not as if the studio in London won't be used for anything, and there's an even newer one for it to move into in Salford.

For me the Salford studio is much better anyway.

It sort of makes sense production wise for Breakfast and the One to have a behind the scenes team covering the early shift in Salford then a Six/Ten team covering the late shift.

Do we know what is happening with the weekend lunchtime bulletins - will they stay in London?   Guess Bank Holidays will then be a bit of a grey area - indeed sometimes you seem to get a full 1pm bulletin, other times you don't.

RE: BBC News Reforms - excel99 - 01-12-2023

Leaving aside Christmas/New Year, English bank holidays these days tend to be a 20 minute News at One (at 1300), followed by 10 minutes of regional news. Then all the rest of the schedule needs to do is replace a 45 minute programme with a 60 minute version later in the afternoon, to get back to normal

Varies over Christmas/New Year, including for the past couple of years, the News at One has reverted to normal length on the normal weekdays between Christmas and New Year.