Pres Café
Jeopardy - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Jeopardy (/showthread.php?tid=643)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Jeopardy - Neil Jones - 04-01-2024

I've never really liked Riddiculous since I first saw it, it looks to my mind a bit out of place for ITV.

RE: Jeopardy - Brekkie - 04-01-2024

I was quite surprised it got a second series. I didn't hate it, but it's tricky for them to get the difficulty level right and think it is slightly too easy. See they've cut the budget this year with lower prize values which ultimately knocks a couple of grand of the maximum potential jackpot. Otherwise the format remains the same, meaning you have that middle solo round where people basically stare at a screen blankly for a minute and probably the easiest endgame in any gameshow.

Jeopardy is holding up pretty well then so far, and I suspect it's demos are better than Tipping Point. I guess it not feeling like a good fit for ITV daytime means it does somewhat stand out.

RE: Jeopardy - Ash101 - 05-01-2024

I quite enjoy Riddiculous and I presume most things get a second series at least these days… hard to think of any ITV gameshows from recent years that haven’t?

I like the riddles and the puzzles but 1% Club & Catchphrase do them better.

I see it’s down for 25 episodes this run, so I wonder if that explains the reduced prize on offer?

RE: Jeopardy - Brekkie - 05-01-2024

I doubt it - would might be used to justify it is the main prize (not necessarily the gamble) being frequently won - think there were 19 out of 20 winners later time. It was probably commissioned on the assumption more episodes wouldn't pay out.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things but seems odd to have a 25 episode run rather than 20 or 30 episodes, so wondering if it's actually had 50 episodes commissioned and been split into two runs. That's what ITV usually do with Lingo and Tenable.

RE: Jeopardy - Johnr - 05-01-2024

Quite neat how they make the electronic pens 'run out of ink' in sync with the 30 second time Wink

RE: Jeopardy - Andrew - 05-01-2024

Today’s episode was a classic example of ‘a very stark difference to Tipping Point that usually occupies this slot’

An intelligent serious man getting most questions right, barely smiled, playing it deadly serious, knew everything except for anything remotely popular culture.

I can imagine this sort of player may not connect with the average ITV1 afternoon viewer, you couldn’t imagine him going on The Chase and having bants with Bradders

Stephen Fry seemed to like him though

RE: Jeopardy - JAS84 - 05-01-2024

Did you not watch yesterday's episode? The guy you're talking about was the reigning champion.

RE: Jeopardy - Transmission - 07-01-2024

Watching a bit more of it. The answer having to be in the form of a question is a bit silly at the best of times but it means in the anagrams category you end up with things like Q: "Who is Archimedies?" A: "Hide creams".

RE: Jeopardy - tellyblues - 09-01-2024

How low can Jeopardy go? 1.55m for yesterday's episode, compared to 2.2 --- 1.7 --- 1.6 --- 1.6 ---TBC for its ratings so far. The last ITV afternoon show that lasted only one series was Fastest Finger First and that was only on for a week.

RE: Jeopardy - Alessi - 09-01-2024

I really like Jeopardy. It makes a change to see something a bit more challenging in an afternoon slot. I hate how patronising and lowest common denominator a lot of TV quizzes have become. Stephen Fry is also a superb, warm host.