Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 19-02-2024

(19-02-2024, 12:54 AM)all new phil Wrote:  It would be good to see something new. ITV’s problem is they over-hype and over-complicate. Something simple that’s quietly launched might be the answer - the exact opposite of the nightly show they did a few years ago.

I’d love to see something like Ireland’s Late Late Show.

Not sure who I’d have present though. Mo Gilligan maybe. Graham Norton’s so good because it isn’t really about him.

He seems to get more out of his guests than Jonathan but that was always the case with the adult humour and topics whereas Jonathan would probably come across as disgusting if he initiated that sort of chat. Also, being a film buff, he wants to talk to his guests about the films they have been in, which isn't that important nowadays because people are less aware of the films being released. It's the same with music as since TOTP ended, people haven't a clue what's in the charts. A non-topical, traditional chat show is hard to do when the industries you rely on guests from have shrunk to the point that viewers aren't interested.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Hybrid - 22-02-2024

WWTBAM is on Tuesday night at 8pm on 5th March, probably it being rescheduled for the Oscars that coming Sunday.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Juicy Joe - 22-02-2024

The WWTBAM series must be having an extended run therefore, as originally, it was only scheduled for 4 weeks, with more in the can for later in the year.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 23-02-2024

(22-02-2024, 07:09 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  WWTBAM is on Tuesday night at 8pm on 5th March, probably it being rescheduled for the Oscars that coming Sunday.

It’s billed as a repeat by DigiGuide?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 23-02-2024

And the Oscars is overnight, not 8pm - though might be a displaced Corrie to show.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 23-02-2024

Millionaire is still airing on Sunday 3rd at 8pm as normal, no displacement.

As @Ash101 says the episode on Tuesday 5th is additional and a repeat.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Nobby - 26-02-2024

(21-10-2023, 09:29 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  The announcer before both The Wheel & Blankety Blank said it was a changed to the billed episode? But I cannot work it out, as it appears to be the guests listed for episode 5 of both & this is the 5th week they’ve been on…

The episode of The Wheel that wasn't shown in Oct 2023 was shown on Saturday. There wasn't anything obvious, to me at least, that meant it couldn't be shown last year but it's possible it has been reedited since then anyway.

I suspect that BBC One just wanted an episode with a big win for the first one of this 'series'.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 26-02-2024

The repeat of the 2011 special of Only Connect Champion of Champions just shows to show much has changed in the last 13 years on this show...

A heavier font, everything and then some more is 4:3 safe, the colours are slightly more garish than they later become, even the split screen for the Connection Wall had a 3D look to all elements (and the step forward, which they later got rid of) and everything just looks so squashed to fit the 4:3 frame. And a final round that goes on seemingly forever and is a lot faster Big Grin

I miss the faster/longer end game in the modern incarnation of this show, but IIRC it was changed when the show moved to BBC Two (this would have been seen originally on BBC Four).

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - David - 27-02-2024

(19-02-2024, 12:54 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I’d love to see something like Ireland’s Late Late Show.

Not sure who I’d have present though.

Ryan Tubridy (it's previous presenter) is free probably after his RTÉ scandal and now working in the UK on Virgin Radio...

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 27-02-2024

https://shortaudition.com/Deal-or-No-Deal-Series-2 

Deal or No Deal S2 applications are open. Looks like it’s a huge episode order:

Quote:You may be required at the studios for up to a maximum of 15 days filming (3 weeks, not including weekends). The filming days you may be required could fall across two out of the three scheduled filming periods:

Filming Period 1 - 24th June-12th July

Filming Period 2 - 16th Sept-11th Oct

Filming Period 3 - 11th Nov – 19th Nov.