Pres Café
Countdown - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Countdown (/showthread.php?tid=70)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Countdown - Jon - 27-06-2023

(27-06-2023, 12:25 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Even Jimmy Carr has done a stint in Dictionary Corner (before Catsdown became a thing)

Countdown’s second longest serving presenter, in a sense.

RE: Countdown - JAS84 - 27-06-2023

(27-06-2023, 06:44 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  There are 2 specials from that year, one was the 2000th episode, which was a look back, the other was a Christmas Day episode where Carol and Richard were the contestants and Susie Dent took Carol’s role. Both specials were hosted by William G Stewart.
Which made sense since he was still presenting Fifteen To One at the time, which aired back to back with Countdown.

RE: Countdown - nwtv2003 - 25-08-2023

A slightly unorthodox edition of Countdown this afternoon, Jeff Stelling as dictionary corner guest ending up hosting the last part of the episode outright, at Colin’s suggestion. And it’s safe to say Jeff’s still got his enthusiasm for the show. A nice touch.

RE: Countdown - Brekkie - 25-08-2023

Colin has been great for the show but Jeff is in a different league.

RE: Countdown - Steve in Pudsey - 25-08-2023

I see Cats does Countdown are putting out compilation episodes despite having most of a new series yet to air.

There has to be enough material for a compilation of bits they cut (I won't say bloopers as they tend to stay in), you can tell from the way it's edited that lots gets chopped for time.

RE: Countdown - nwtv2003 - 25-08-2023

The sad thing is that the compilations put out last week and tonight include episodes featuring the dearly missed Sean Lock and an actual studio audience, which would suggest how old some of these ‘new’ bits are.

My understanding is that there a number of Cats episodes recorded with Anne-Marie Imafidon whilst Rachel was on maternity leave that have yet to be shown. Which I think must be at least 12 to 18 months old now.

RE: Countdown - SuperSajuuk - 25-08-2023

(25-08-2023, 08:27 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  The sad thing is that the compilations put out last week and tonight include episodes featuring the dearly missed Sean Lock and an actual studio audience, which would suggest how old some of these ‘new’ bits are.

My understanding is that there a number of Cats episodes recorded with Anne-Marie Imafidon whilst Rachel was on maternity leave that have yet to be shown. Which I think must be at least 12 to 18 months old now.

You do have to wonder if the episodes can't be aired for some sort of legal or regulatory reason, or they simply can't find a slot in the schedules to actually broadcast them (then again, you'd just "create" a slot to ensure they are broadcast). If it were me, leaving episodes recorded over a year ago without airing them would be something I'd want to get to air as soon as practicably possible, otherwise people will forget they even happened and it'll cause the rumour vultures to come swirling with false reports about the show being cancelled.

harshy - harshy - 25-08-2023

(25-08-2023, 06:21 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Colin has been great for the show but Jeff is in a different league.

Hard to believe he’s 68, he looks incredible and had tons of energy and enthusiasm, let’s hope we see him in some another game show format.

RE: Countdown - Steve in Pudsey - 25-08-2023

(25-08-2023, 08:27 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  The sad thing is that the compilations put out last week and tonight include episodes featuring the dearly missed Sean Lock and an actual studio audience, which would suggest how old some of these ‘new’ bits are.

Yes from what I can tell from the episode numbers on the Virgin EPG and my series link they showed episode 1 of S24 with Anne-Marie in January, and I think something like ep10 with Rachel last week or the week before. The rest haven't been shown yet.

The previous compilation had an in memory of caption for Sean at the end

RE: Countdown - Ash101 - 25-08-2023

Yes - Cats Countdown has run 3 new episodes in this batch. 1 was a normal episode with Rachel, 2 have been “Best Bits” and then next week it is a repeat before Gogglebox returns the week after.

But they’ve been filming them as recently as a few weeks ago, plus there’s a few dates in September on one of the audience tickets website.