Pres Café
BBC/ITV South News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV South News (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: BBC/ITV South News - lepeterrr - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 10:50 PM)Pompeytv Wrote:  South Today returned back to their normal studio for this evenings bulletin. Nice to see Sophia Seth back too. The studio lighting looked much brighter than usual to me.
Indeed it does look a lot better IMO.
Shows to me how nice the sets could have been altered to look to bring them more in line with the 2013 era of sets. If they made the lights at the top and bottom of the sets lightboxes, and put some new desks in.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - IanJRedman - 18-06-2023

Is the South now the first and (so far) only region to have decamped to the temporary set, returned to the same set as before, and then decamped again at a later date?

RE: BBC/ITV South News - South - 18-06-2023

(18-06-2023, 04:35 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Is the South now the first and (so far) only region to have decamped to the temporary set, returned to the same set as before, and then decamped again at a later date?

I believe so, judging by this tweet last week 
https://twitter.com/TVRuss/status/1668153069471711233?t=fGJ2MJTkoNgSQWXwob5nzA&s=19 

It sounds like they have only just started building the South East Today set as no other regions have decamped.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Former Member 406 - 18-06-2023

(18-06-2023, 04:35 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Is the South now the first and (so far) only region to have decamped to the temporary set, returned to the same set as before, and then decamped again at a later date?
It's also one of very few English Regions that even has a 2nd *actual studio* to decamp to, rather than e.g. a meeting room or similar.

Whether the likes of the open-plan canalside presentation area at one end of BBC Birmingham's newsroom counts as a "proper" studio or not (as it's not enclosed/separated from the office space by any kind of wall or window, but presumably has some "proper" studio trappings such as a permanent lighting rig and camera points etc), I guess is open to interpretation.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - MFTJA - 18-06-2023

I do wonder why South decided to decamp to the temporary set to allow for maintenance work in the main studio if the set there is to be dismantled in just a few weeks. Surely it would've made more sense to either decamp early and get started with the process of the new set installation or remain in the old studio as it was for a few more weeks.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - South - 18-06-2023

(18-06-2023, 08:09 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I do wonder why South decided to decamp to the temporary set to allow for maintenance work in the main studio if the set there is to be dismantled in just a few weeks. Surely it would've made more sense to either decamp early and get started with the process of the new set installation or remain in the old studio as it was for a few more weeks.

Not sure if it was always planned this way South East Today's problems could have been a factor here, where as part of the project several upgrades were planned, but with the delay there it has meant that some of the upgrades could not be delayed, purely speculation but it would be the most reasonable explanation. 

Plus has it been confirmed that South is the next set to be done, we don't know for sure how many temp sets they have available to them? We could have many more months of the scratches on the Perspex on the right hand side of the set.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - IanJRedman - 18-06-2023

(18-06-2023, 08:26 PM)South Wrote:  Not sure if it was always planned this way South East Today's problems could have been a factor here, where as part of the project several upgrades were planned, but with the delay there it has meant that some of the upgrades could not be delayed, purely speculation but it would be the most reasonable explanation. 

Plus has it been confirmed that South is the next set to be done, we don't know for sure how many temp sets they have available to them? We could have many more months of the scratches on the Perspex on the right hand side of the set.

I have no inside knowledge, but I think the fact the temporary set has made it to Southampton (and has been standing for a good few weeks now) probably indicates it's in the near-ish future?

I think the theory you put forward - that a proposed single decamp has morphed into two, due to delays in the South East - is a plausible one.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - mcrdev - 19-06-2023

(18-06-2023, 08:09 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I do wonder why South decided to decamp to the temporary set to allow for maintenance work in the main studio if the set there is to be dismantled in just a few weeks. Surely it would've made more sense to either decamp early and get started with the process of the new set installation or remain in the old studio as it was for a few more weeks.
In a decent size studio like Southampton, there will be a bunch of maintenance that is legally required to be performed, especially anything involving hanging things from the ceiling. You can't put that off for a few weeks even if you know you have a better opportunity coming.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Stuart - 19-06-2023

(19-06-2023, 08:31 AM)mcrdev Wrote:  In a decent size studio like Southampton, there will be a bunch of maintenance that is legally required to be performed, especially anything involving hanging things from the ceiling. You can't put that off for a few weeks even if you know you have a better opportunity coming.
Studio B is also a decent size from the picture we saw of it empty. I know of a small island that would be rather grateful to have something of that size. Tongue

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Earlie37 - 19-06-2023

Certain safety inspection cut-off dates can't be delayed just because there's possibly a new set incoming a bit later on.

South not scheduled to decamp again for a fair while yet so don't expect anything soon.