BBC/ITV South News

Seems there were some power supply issues this evening in Southampton meaning the Oxford edition was broadcast in that part of the region instead.  Normal service was resumed (albeit with a brief appearance from the BBC News Channel) at 6.45pm.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Damo1977, IanJRedman

The legend Sally Taylor is on BBC South later this evening. First time in a while, I believe.

(27-09-2022, 04:39 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  The legend Sally Taylor is on BBC South later this evening. First time in a while, I believe.

Great news to have her back on the sofa.

Sally is back next Tuesday. Presumably they're slowly reintroducing her back to the bulletin on a weekly basis?

(28-09-2022, 07:39 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Sally is back next Tuesday.  Presumably they're slowly reintroducing her back to the bulletin on a weekly basis?

Yes she said last night that she would be back from time to time but not everyday, meaning she probably won't do 5 days a week anymore.

Sally will only present Tuesdays for now. Expect the regular rotation of other presenters covering the other days of the week.

When is the last Oxford broadcast?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tvchris's post:
  • Superman1986

(30-10-2022, 02:46 PM)tvchris Wrote:  When is the last Oxford broadcast?
No official date, just November so far

(30-10-2022, 02:46 PM)tvchris Wrote:  When is the last Oxford broadcast?

16 December is the last day for the Oxford (and Cambridge) sub-opt.
[-] The following 3 users Like WMD's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986, tvchris

I think that Friday 16th December is likely to be the last full 30-minute evening edition of BBC regional news for this year, as I'm sure that BBC regional news minutes (number of bulletins and/or duration of each bulletin) are usually reduced during the festive fortnight.

In recent years at least, that has also generally meant no sub-regional split in South Today (with the pan-regional service often being presented from the Oxford studio). I assume similar usually happens for Look East?

The timing is therefore obviously a cunning way of quietly dropping the Oxford and Cambridge sub-regional services in a bid to avoid too much viewer backlash - i.e. going into the usual annual "no sub-opts" period that viewers are used to at this time of year... but this time never reinstating them in early January.