Pres Café
BBC/ITV South News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV South News (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Former Member 406 - 24-05-2023

Of the 11 surviving BBC English Regions studio sites outside of London, Southampton now has the distinction of being the exact middle one (i.e. 6th) to get the set update.

I think that the end of Hull's decamp and the start of Leeds' decamp happened at about the same time, possibly on the very same day?

Perhaps similar will be true for Tunbridge Wells and Southampton?

No region so far has decamped for less than 6 weeks, so I wouldn't anticipate Tunbridge Wells' new set debuting until at least Monday 5th May. If Southampton decamp this weekend, there'll be at least a 9-day overlap of TW and So'ton both being decamped.

Interesting how they've bounced around England, for the set updates. Starting with the two midlands regions, then doing a couple of the northern ones, and now a couple of the southern ones. So, it's anyone's guess what order Bristol, Newcastle, Norwich, Plymouth, and Salford will be done in.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Earlie37 - 26-05-2023

I've heard through the grapevine that one of the first jobs at Tumbridge Wells was to lay a new studio floor before the new set was built. (Although you could argue that it isn't a studio in some ways as South East have always been based in what is effectively a section of the newsroom). However, during the works, they had a flood and this has damaged the floor and will cause an unexpected delay.

If true, then it's likely they will be a much longer turnaround before you see any new set in the South East. It could have knock-on implications for the current schedule for the remaining regions to be updated.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Pompeytv - 10-06-2023

South Today now in temporary studio!

RE: BBC/ITV South News - TVenthusiasm - 10-06-2023

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1667600607316783104 

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Earlie37 - 10-06-2023

Three camera angles look to be used so far...

Decamp to the temporary studio will only be for a few days as routine electrical work is going on in Studio A. They'll be back shortly and then decamp to Studio B again in a few more weeks when the set work is then installed.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - Stuart - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 05:44 PM)Pompeytv Wrote:  South Today now in temporary studio!
My sympathies to Southampton for their forthcoming downgrade. Dodgy

They have a nice big studio, much of which will now be wasted by using the smaller NBH-B style flatpack regional set.

I'm sure they're already fully HD capable with studio equipment and gallery, so I guess this won't take more than a month to put together.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - all new phil - 11-06-2023

I’m so surprised that posters here are so down on the new style regions and nations set design. It’s infinitely better than what most had previously and finally puts them up there with the ITV equivalents when it comes to consistency.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - London Lite - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 03:39 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I’m so surprised that posters here are so down on the new style regions and nations set design. It’s infinitely better than what most had previously and finally puts them up there with the ITV equivalents when it comes to consistency.

It's probably the consistency that some don't like on here. Then again not even ITV has identikit sets for every region with London and Granada having different backgrounds.

Personally I'd like to see D used by BBC London more like the regional sets being distributed than just sticking two towers just to remind you it's a BBC News set.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - DTV - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 04:26 PM)London Lite Wrote:  It's probably the consistency that some don't like on here. Then again not even ITV has identikit sets for every region with London and Granada having different backgrounds.
I'm not particularly bothered by the consistency, other than finding it a bit of a waste of space in those regions with larger studios. I think broadly the sets work quite well for the English regions and are obviously technically the best sets they've ever had by a country mile, design-wise is more debateable (Plymouth's current set is obviously a triumph and I do have a soft spot for the better of the 2009-11 faux-Barco sets, which I actually think worked better in certain respects than the national equivalents).

The only real weak link for me has been the nations - I was really expecting something a bit more creative than a basic three-wall LED screen set-up with plonked furniture, for Scotland in particular. Just so many elements from B or Salford that could have been borrowed to make it a bit more interesting, real missed opportunity.

RE: BBC/ITV South News - TJTSW - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 04:52 PM)DTV Wrote:  I'm not particularly bothered by the consistency, other than finding it a bit of a waste of space in those regions with larger studios. I think broadly the sets work quite well for the English regions and are obviously technically the best sets they've ever had by a country mile, design-wise is more debateable (Plymouth's current set is obviously a triumph and I do have a soft spot for the better of the 2009-11 faux-Barco sets, which I actually think worked better in certain respects than the national equivalents).

The only real weak link for me has been the nations - I was really expecting something a bit more creative than a basic three-wall LED screen set-up with plonked furniture, for Scotland in particular. Just so many elements from B or Salford that could have been borrowed to make it a bit more interesting, real missed opportunity.

I have to agree the Plymouth Set is one of the best they have ever had and they were so proud of it when it first launched, so bit worried about what will happen when it gets changed, as either they will shirnk the studio to half the space, or it will be a set with loads of dead space, if any of the new sets are to go by. Although I hope the powers that be at Plymouth try and make it work for the best, but who knows