Pres Café
Regional ITV company promos - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Regional ITV company promos (/showthread.php?tid=77)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Spencer - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 03:07 PM)harshy Wrote:  YTV didn’t make a very good edit you could see the original triangle part of the it\v, and the font wasn’t quite right and it was too far down.

I wasn’t a fan of the work YTV did after they took on tyne tees, the trailers looked Amaterish between 1994-1996, wasn’t till the channel 3 branding did some design come back into it.
I really disliked Yorkshire's re-edited ident. The full chevron instead of the triangle and the way it wafted back into the centre of the screen at the end looked really naff and unimaginatively done.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Si-Co - 13-05-2023

Tyne Tees 1988 “flowing rivers” ident (which I never personally liked) had the company name in white text on a yellow background, which was a poor choice as it wasn’t very easy to read and certainly didn’t stand out. I think the still version tweaked the colouring a bit?

They also changed the “coming next” slides to replace the generic ITV logo with their own full logo after only a few months. And for some bizarre reason introduced a break bumper in mid 1990 which was either made in the 70s or made using footage from the 1970s of the logo forming up in a way it had never done on any ident - disregarding the generic bumper provided in 1989.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - bilky asko - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 02:30 AM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  See, I don't understand why everyone thinks the 1988 ident was yellow. It really wasn't - the static versions certainly were various shades of yellow, and there was a yellowish tinge to the animated ident, but viewed at the time on a correctly-adjusted set it was more grey than yellow. The text was perfectly legible to my eyes - the VHS recordings don't do it any favours.

I think it's perfectly understandable for people to look at something that is a shade of yellow and call it yellow.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Kojak - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 02:54 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 02:30 AM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  See, I don't understand why everyone thinks the 1988 ident was yellow. It really wasn't - the static versions certainly were various shades of yellow, and there was a yellowish tinge to the animated ident, but viewed at the time on a correctly-adjusted set it was more grey than yellow. The text was perfectly legible to my eyes - the VHS recordings don't do it any favours.

I think it's perfectly understandable for people to look at something that is a shade of yellow and call it yellow.
Unless you're colour blind. Cool

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Former Member 443 - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 10:05 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 02:54 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I think it's perfectly understandable for people to look at something that is a shade of yellow and call it yellow.
Unless you're colour blind. Cool

And you can't read, but it's academic now anyway.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Kojak - 15-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 01:18 PM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 10:05 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Unless you're colour blind. Cool

And you can't read, but it's academic now anyway.
Whatever, it was only a joke. All academic now, as you say.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - harshy - 20-05-2023

Yeah the VHS transfers just won’t do it justice as it puts additional colour making it yellower, I remember watching it at the time and I could read it all, I just loved that era of ITV, must have been an exciting time for a motion designer to be working in the industry.