Pres Café
Regional ITV company promos - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Regional ITV company promos (/showthread.php?tid=77)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Regional ITV company promos - KevHal - 24-04-2023

(22-04-2023, 10:44 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Makes you wonder how things would have gone if Carlton had taken over Thames in either 1985 or 1990. Of course they wouldn't have been bidding against Thames as they owned them, but maybe the different politics caused by that could have had a different bidder that won against them, we'll never know.

Maybe Death On The Rock wouldn't have happened under a Carlton owned Thames and the 1991 franchise round would have been carried out fundamentally differently too.

Thames VT engineers were pretty cocky at the time on the VT Xmas tape in 85.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - TJTSW - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 08:13 AM)robertclark125 Wrote:  The difference was, Westcountry owned the vehicle, whereas the Atlantean was owned by Ribble, who used it in normal service, and Border paid for it to be in an advertising livery. But, both tried to serve the same purpose; promote the local ITV company.

I'd love to know what the Westcountry one was like inside, and what promotional purposes it was used for, and where it went.

it used to come to local events it was basiclly storage for thier Westcountry things they gave out, like pens, Mugs badges think they had a table out the front of it with staff and prersenters covering local events, used to visit Wiodecombe Fair each year but i was young and shy at the time so would walk upto it and just walk past, but id imagine they might have camra crew stuff also stored in there too not 100% sure, someone may have a better memory then me

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Blubatt - 04-05-2023

I have a question: When did the blue and yellow ITV logo first make it to air. I know it was first used in 1998, but is there an exact date it was first used that we can remember?

RE: Regional ITV company promos - ACTV - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 05:04 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  I have a question: When did the blue and yellow ITV logo first make it to air. I know it was first used in 1998, but is there an exact date it was first used that we can remember?

Monday 5th October 1998.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Former Member 443 - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 05:07 PM)ACTV Wrote:  
(04-05-2023, 05:04 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  I have a question: When did the blue and yellow ITV logo first make it to air. I know it was first used in 1998, but is there an exact date it was first used that we can remember?

Monday 5th October 1998.

Coincidentally exactly six years after Tyne Tees's 1992 silver logo.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Mike - 04-05-2023

This might sound silly, but how do we know for sure?

I always feel like it's one of those things that could have been cocked up on rollout, someone launching it early or later than the other companies. I know that everyone uses promos and trailers as the benchmark but I think in a world of 17 different companies or however many it was someone would have resisted (maybe not wholesale) the change.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Former Member 443 - 04-05-2023

(04-05-2023, 06:38 PM)Mike Wrote:  This might sound silly, but how do we know for sure?

I always feel like it's one of those things that could have been cocked up on rollout, someone launching it early or later than the other companies. I know that everyone uses promos and trailers as the benchmark but I think in a world of 17 different companies or however many it was someone would have resisted (maybe not wholesale) the change.

I am sure as Oct 5 is my birthday. You tend to remember stuff like this on significant days.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - nwtv2003 - 05-05-2023

It was definitely Monday 5 October 1998, on the Sunday we still had the IT\= logo and the following day we had the blue and yellow lower case logo. By this time whilst there were no generic idents, the vast majority of promos in between programmes were network ones, and the change was very noticeable. (As would have been the case on Granada, Carlton and UNM regions) The Production for IT\= end caps were dropped immediately from this date.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Ben Shatliff - 05-05-2023

On the Sunday evening I remember seeing promos with the new itv ident on. It all changed the following day as did Granada News and Granada Tonight when all services returned to Manchester.

RE: Regional ITV company promos - Spencer - 05-05-2023

(05-05-2023, 09:19 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  It was definitely Monday 5 October 1998,  on the Sunday we still had the IT\= logo and the following day we had the blue and yellow lower case logo. By this time whilst there were no generic idents, the vast majority of promos in between programmes were network ones, and the change was very noticeable. (As would have been the case on Granada, Carlton and UNM regions) The Production for IT\= end caps were dropped immediately from this date.

Of course there should have been generic idents from that date, but they were pulled at the last minute and eventually heavily reworked into what most regions got just over a year later.