Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres

(31-05-2024, 02:01 PM)Kunst Wrote:  Because basically they don't know how fill the breaks otherwise?

They could promote C4 shows more heavily, maybe they do, but last time they didn't , and the Box channels were still treated as "separate companies"

I saw a trailer for Popmaster on More4 earlier this week but that's the only one - whenever I'm watching it's just promos for the channels themselves (seem to be 2 versions for Magic plus ones for The Box, Kiss and Kerrang, I'm sure there was one for 4Music at some point too which might be running somewhere too)

Today is the last day for regular programming on The Box - a nostalgia channel from tomorrow. I suspect we'll see those little from-to bugs from tomorrow too.

Hopefully some of the channels get archived to YouTube before closure too - quite fond of those idents on Magic, very classy and on brand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frasergj's post:
  • Kunst

Just flicked onto The Box to find there is no logo onscreen. The song titles and programme title graphics are still present - there is no DOG nor transition animation.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

(Yesterday, 03:47 AM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Just flicked onto The Box to find there is no logo onscreen. The song titles and programme title graphics are still present - there is no DOG nor transition animation.

Both the DOG and transitions returned at 6am, now using old Box ident instead of the usual one though.

First track after 6am was Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There followed by Akon, seems to be a mix of old and new so far.

The farewell programme is itself nothing exciting, just various overplayed music videos with a voiceover linking them. No old idents or clips or anything, which I'm sure they could have dug out.

(Yesterday, 01:55 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The farewell programme is itself nothing exciting, just various overplayed music videos with a voiceover linking them. No old idents or clips or anything, which I'm sure they could have dug out.
They're already putting in a great deal more effort to signing out than we've seen from any of their erstwhile competitors.

Worth bearing in mind that the people putting these efforts together will either be facing big changes to their jobs or worse. Quite possibly limping to the end with reduced head count. We've no right to really expect anything.

If any of them are reading this, good luck and thank you.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 3 users Like WillPS's post:
  • Brekkie, Kunst, SB678