International News Presentation: Past and Present

Ođđasat was followed by the TV simulcast of Dagsnytt Atten, with a new cold open graphic:

And now, here's Dagsrevyen:

youtu.be 

Sadly, it’s goodbye to the Röyksopp music, in its place, a new theme music featuring NRK's new sonic branding, with a new, special NRK 1 DOG for newscasts (the DOGs for entertainment have also switched to the new text-based logos, but other graphics remain the Kemistry 2011 logos and idents).

Apologies for the repeated posting, but the new look Dagsrevyen is now on air.

youtu.be 

I kissed a gull and I liked it!

I know its a smaller indigenous language, and maybe the location is temporary but Eek that Sami DTL needs a bit of help. ....

But regardless I always appreciate the Nordic countries news presentation. . Gonna miss the old theme. But as with the old version and this new one. I love how they added the native singing with it for the Sami broadcast. OVer all this theme is very subtle. THe previous one had a memorable signature. It was Royksopp (?) that composed it right? Might be wrong.

Cant wait for the day the BBC actual comes up with the someything fresh and completely different for a change. (sigh)

(12-06-2024, 06:14 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  Apologies for the repeated posting, but the new look Dagsrevyen is now on air.

youtu.be 

And just out of nowhere, we have the new NRK channel logos too.
I do like how the new NRK 1 DOG looks.

Hmmmm.... I would say that the previous look was perhaps a little overdue an update but personally this feels like a downgrade. A real shame they've abandoned the hook of the Royksopp tune.

I think it was a real testimony to the strength of the old visuals and music that it lasted as long as it did. Sadly, I'm not sure this will have as long a life. Introducing peach as a news colour is quite a brave choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Earlie37's post:
  • mouseboy33

(12-06-2024, 06:24 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  Hmmmm.... I would say that the previous look was perhaps a little overdue an update but personally this feels like a downgrade. A real shame they've abandoned the hook of the Royksopp tune.

I think it was a real testimony to the strength of the old visuals and music that it lasted as long as it did. Sadly, I'm not sure this will have as long a life. Introducing peach as a news colour is quite a brave choice.
Well, yeah, I guess losing Röyksopp is a bit sad, but I dusted myself off with the knowledge that it was inevitable. With that knowledge, I liked the new look and theme very much. Remember, no jingle in the Dagsrevyen’s long history is carried over in the next branding. We may be surprised, this may last longer than the old look and we’ll be crying at how the 3D elements are gone in the next look and whatnot.

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radiounion's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(12-06-2024, 11:21 AM)news727 Wrote:  The last one was taken from CNBC-e promo because the channel has not shown a single chart to this moment. For a financial/business news channel, it is telling that that isn't a typo.

I would like to issue a follow-up to this statement. A chart has been shown today, finally.

There are so many problems with it that I won't bother listing them out, but one of them is that this specific graphic style was not meant to be shown with the ticker. It is one of those "full-screeners" that are only shown in a pushback or on one of the screens in the studio.

You may now return to ongoing discussions already in progress.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes news727's post:
  • Medianext.MX

DR in Denmark did a very good job at using their newsroom ring.
www.youtube.com 

My final 10 News First Regional Queensland bulletin, as I'm heading off for a new job!

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like ABC Australia's post:
  • BBI45, JosiahStuart, W. Knight, xlalonce