UKTV to become 'U'

(28-05-2024, 07:30 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  I suspect because ampersand is alternative for "and", it may be that email programs took it as being (to carry on with the example) live@bbc.co.uk and kicking@bbc.co.uk as opposed to live&kicking@bbc.co.uk.

Some characters cause issues today on certain platforms, Google apparently doesn't like it if you use + in an email, because it has an alternative use on that platform.

To go off topic you can use + in a google email address to create aliases for example forename.surname+alias@gmail.com is an alias of forename.surname@gmail.com.

You can create inbox rules based on this, and it's useful for knowing where your email address has been passed onto other places.
[-] The following 3 users Like dvboy's post:
  • chaose, interestednovice, Ma76

UKTV Play has removed the previous ident to tease the rebrand. It seems to have a logo sonic too.

youtu.be 

(Yesterday, 12:40 AM)GeeTeeKay474 Wrote:  UKTV Play has removed the previous ident to tease the rebrand. It seems to have a logo sonic too.

youtu.be 
I was watching something on Drama yesterday and noticed that they keep flashing up the 'U&Drama' screen between programmes.

From all evidence we've seen, the existing nice stylised 'D' logo and wordmark will vanish, only to be replaced by something inferior.

I guess they're just following the regular BBC strategy of "if it ain't broke . . . break it!"
[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, chaose, ethanjbrady, GMc, London Lite

I can’t believe they’re actually going ahead with this 🤦‍♂️
[-] The following 5 users Like thomalex's post:
  • aquadextrous, GMc, JJJJ, London Lite, Stuart