Rewind TV - Launches 23rd of May 2024

Are the ITV idents / end caps retained on any of their shows?

Why wouldn't they be? Frontcaps might get dropped, but most channels keep endcaps intact.

I presume it depends a lot on what they’ve been supplied with. There are all sorts of copies out there with frontcaps and endcaps removed, or replaced with more recent branding.

I had a little watch of Rewind TV for the first time yesterday on Sky. The picture quality is absolutely shocking. I know it’s SD, but it must be super low bitrate, as it goes blocky whenever there’s the slightest amount of detail on screen. It’s like watching a RealPlayer video in the late 90s.

Is it on one of Sky's minor Astra satellites as so far it says No Satellite Signal Received , although all the other channels are working?

It's on the same transponder as Blaze. Did you see the correct frequency I posted up the thread?

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(24-05-2024, 07:29 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I presume it depends a lot on what they’ve been supplied with. There are all sorts of copies out there with frontcaps and endcaps removed, or replaced with more recent branding.

I had a little watch of Rewind TV for the first time yesterday on Sky. The picture quality is absolutely shocking. I know it’s SD, but it must be super low bitrate, as it goes blocky whenever there’s the slightest amount of detail on screen. It’s like watching a RealPlayer video in the late 90s.

720x576 as well. It's one of those cases with such a low bitrate that they should've used 544x576.

I'm wondering if the reason they're using 720x576 is so they meet the requirements for Sky Stream which they're not on yet?
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Spencer

Blimey ... even the now defunct Forces TV looked reasonably decent regarding PQ on DTT for me at least ... with a YouView box connected via HDMI.