TNT Sports

(09-05-2024, 09:11 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Branding is important, obviously.

twitter.com 

The BBC needs to hire him immediately.
[-] The following 5 users Like AxG's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, Steve in Pudsey, thomash79

A behind-the-scenes view form the commentary gantry with Darren Fletcher.
Always fascinating to see different commentator's having different styles to the presentation of their notes. I feel it must be so much easier being a rugby union commentator than a football commentator where teams are named at least 24 hours in advance, and the formation is the same for every match!

www.youtube.com 

On a similar note, a clip from the gantry at Wembley last weekend from fellow TNT commentator Adam Summerton. I was imagining the set-up would look more permanent and hi-tec, I guess there's more facilities installed for more prominent occasions like the upcoming FA Cup finals and England games?

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales

TNT have Arsenal v Everton on Sunday, the first time I recall them (well BT) having a match with a title contender on the last day. Indeed think usually they've used all their picks by the final day.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

Former Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho joins the TNT Sports line-up for tomorrow's Champions League Final.

The full coverage seems like the fabled FA Cup final day of old on steroids and growth hormone. There was a preview show on Thursday night from BOXPARK Wembley and another 75 minute preview tonight on TNT Sports 2. And then on Saturday, TNT Sports 1 is wall to wall Champions League content from 07:30, with archive content of previous finals, repeats of the Thursday and Friday shows, a special programme charting the history of Wembley Stadium (a repeat from earlier in the week), an episode of 'What I Wore' (from earlier in the week) and another live preview show at 15:00. The match coverage itself is set to begin at 18:00 and conclude at 23:00. Even with the 'Opening Ceremony' to broadcast (Lenny Kravitz is this year's act), I struggle to see how they won't run out of things to say in two hours of build-up, especially in a match with no British teams playing.

x.com 

(23-03-2024, 09:11 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  TNT Sports has renamed its Chilean channel lineup. TNT Sports 2 and HD are now united as TNT Sports Premium, differing only by their respective resolutions. It seems like they adapted DixonBaxi's UK graphics too in the promos:
www.youtube.com 
TNT Sports in Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico) have adopted the same symbol as their UK counterpart, retiring their 2021 symbol.

As seen in this Twitter thread, the DOGs are the most apparent on-screen change, as they have been adopting the DixonBaxi graphics:
x.com 

Some, like their Premium channel in Chile, have a redesigned wordmark:
www.youtube.com 

(Not sure if I should post this on the General Sports thread or here!)

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 3 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • JosiahStuart, RhysJR, Transmission