BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

I see that the Daily Mail (yes, I know) has picked up on Abbie's social media comments in March about pay disparity. She said at the time "I'm a female weather presenter, of course I was paid almost 50% less than my male colleague when I first started". The Mail makes the assumption that she's referring to Paul Hudson (although it could be Owain Wyn Evans).

I have no problem with pay equality - of course their should be parity but... it's rather a stupid argument to say suggest that you should have pay equality with an older and more experienced male colleague when you first start out in the job.

(31-05-2024, 10:21 AM)Dougal Wrote:  I see that the Daily Mail (yes, I know) has picked up on Abbie's social media comments in March about pay disparity. She said at the time "I'm a female weather presenter, of course I was paid almost 50% less than my male colleague when I first started". The Mail makes the assumption that she's referring to Paul Hudson (although it could be Owain Wyn Evans).

I have no problem with pay equality - of course their should be parity but... it's rather a stupid argument to say suggest that you should have pay equality with an older and more experienced male colleague when you first start out in the job.

Quite. And equally, you wouldn't expect a less prominent and less senior member of the presenting team, such as Dave Edwards, to be paid as much as Amy Garcia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Dougal

While Abbie Dewhurst presented the lunchtime weather live from Leeds, Hull was treated to a pre-recorded bulletin from her.

Not that it'd make much difference as there's zero interaction between her and Levy when she does it live.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Kendal87

(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)London Lite Wrote:  While Abbie Dewhurst presented the lunchtime weather live from Leeds, Hull was treated to a pre-recorded bulletin from her.

Not that it'd make much difference as there's zero interaction between her and Levy when she does it live.

Probably because the bulletin was only 6 minutes long, so not enough time to do both live
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, London Lite

The headline straps seem to have a very dark overlay it’s almost like the opacity needs reducing if that makes sense

(1 hour ago)harshy Wrote:  The headline straps seem to have a very dark overlay it’s almost like the opacity needs reducing if that makes sense

You mean the dark gradient behind the text?

It’s been the same on all BBC News headlines since the current lower thirds were introduced, although it can sometimes be more noticeable when the image behind is lighter.