BBC/ITV South News

Former Meridian Tonight presenter Geoff Clark has died, aged 77.

www.kentonline.co.uk 

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-10am

That was a few months ago, he died in February I think

Joint South/SouthEast Breakfast bulletins this morning from Southampton with Anjana Gadgil.

(07-05-2024, 09:28 AM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  That was a few months ago, he died in February I think

I've just noticed the date. My apologies.

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-10am

(07-05-2024, 09:57 AM)Rob Francis Wrote:  I've just noticed the date. My apologies.

IIRC, South East Today announced at the end of their programme on the day of the King's cancer diagnosis announcement, hence it went a little under the radar at the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • Kendal87, Rob Francis

(07-05-2024, 10:44 AM)lookoutwales Wrote:  IIRC, South East Today announced at the end of their programme on the day of the King's cancer diagnosis announcement, hence it went a little under the radar at the time.

I am surprised they mentioned it following his departure closing line… ‘’The bosses told me to go so I am going’’! Love it. Hard to believe he only did 5 years at SET. Great man and broadcaster.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kendal87's post:
  • lookoutwales, Stuart

(09-05-2024, 09:20 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  I am surprised they mentioned it following his departure closing line… ‘’The bosses told me to go so I am going’’! Love it. Hard to believe he only did 5 years at SET. Great man and broadcaster.

Fortunately, he kept his hand in doing weekend shows on Radio Kent for a while afterwards. He also did some work at Gillingham FC.

Think he lasted a while longer at Meridian - before the closure of the New Hythe studios forced his hand.

I suspect he was always intended to be Mike Debens' successor once he made his quiet exit - something fairly evident in that video of Ron Lobeck's retirement that Neil Miles uploaded a few weeks back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • London Lite

South Today reported the death of Martin Muncaster this evening.

Asides being one of the first anchors of BBC South’s regional news programming - back when it was known as South at Six - he was also one of the launch team of announcers at Southern, alongside Meryl O’Keefe and Julian Pettifer.

RIP.

showreel.thetvroom.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

Although some may hate the new sets South Today have consistently showed how versatile they can be and why they are fit for the future. For example tonight they have a very special guest.
x.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like South's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, interestednovice, London Lite, Pompeytv, thePineapple, TVFan

Good luck trying that in Salford. Newcastle might manage it...
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Ma76, UTVLifer