Kim’s first hour was from Studio H yet his second hour was from the flash set. Hardly feels like they should need 60 minutes to change the video walls and bring back the chairs. We really need that second desk to go live!
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

Kim Brunhuber decamped to the flash set for the second hour of his broadcast (at 5a ET), apparently to give space for This Morning Weekend to prep up. Having a single desk for both Domestic and International shows starts feeling a bit crowded now Big Grin (UPD. EastCoast beaten me to it)

Also, due to the solar storm coverage CNN/US was simulacsting all 6 hours of the overnight CNNI Newsroom.

P.S. Here is how Studio H looked with solar storm background in the first hour:
postimg.cc 
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221

(11-05-2024, 10:29 AM)gman Wrote:  Watching Newsroom at the mo. Now, I don't know how much a new studio costs, probably hundreds of thousands or even millions, but what is the point in investing in one if it's not going to be used to its full potential?
So far, apart from a couple of shots standing in front of one of the presentation monitors, it still looks the same as when it was presented from a flash studio.
Back when they first moved from the actual newsroom and moved into a set, they used the screens to project images relevant to rhe story. Now it's just the bog standard newsroom image and no wide shots are used.
What a waste.

No wide pan shots of the studio either, just a narrow shot before the presenter stands next to the plasma screen. From the little I've seen, they shouldn't have bothered leaving flash cam set if this is how they are going to use this new set.

Also, I do hope Lynda Kinkade gets the 08.00 CET weekend slot, she's long overdue for a regular shift again.

(11-05-2024, 01:57 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  No wide pan shots of the studio either, just a narrow shot before the presenter stands next to the plasma screen. From the little I've seen, they shouldn't have bothered leaving flash cam set if this is how they are going to use this new set.

Also, I do hope Lynda Kinkade gets the 08.00 CET weekend slot, she's long overdue for a regular shift again.

There were, actually, couple of somewhat wide shots from the angle at the end of Lynda's hour and of Kim's first hour (he is standing again, just like in Studio 7)

postimg.cc 

postimg.cc 

For some reason Lynda did only one hour today (3am ET), with Michael Holmes doing three, 12-3am. Not sure if this is related to solar storm coverage or if there was some last-minute change, in the schedules it was 2 hours of Michael Holmes and then two hours of Anna Coren.

Lynda definitely did the 2am and 3am hours this morning. Agreed that she deserves a permanent show, although it should be more than two thirty minute bulletins two days a week. Never understood why they need a third anchor on weekends, Fred has been doing 4 hour shows for years!
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

I don't think it's been noted here yet but CNNi seems to have gotten new coming up next/you're watching bumpers.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

The old style (which never fully replaced the type in the News Stream bumper below) still lives on in the form of the WS bumper!
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • EastCoast, Lec_Ver16

They are still using the square red logo on promos and the website while, at the same time, the last graphic package has gotten rid of it. Seems like an inconstitency.

It seems like presentation depends a lot on the presenter himself. Kim doesn't seem to like sitting so he presents pretty much everything standing up now, with variety in presentation.

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, oscillon

The studio does not offer much, sadly, plus that cheap plastic look which has become a CNN trademark at this point....

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, oscillon

I find that it fits the new Newsroom backdrop which has clearly gone through a fair bit of editing from a 'real' city backdrop (thankfully the sky in real life isn't like that!). All a bit artificial and plasticky but at they have no problem admitting that it isn't real.

Studio 7 in comparison really suited the brighter CNN Today and Newsroom backdrops (though CNN Newsroom got darker ones when they made the move from Studio 4). The Studio 7 CNN Today look was one of CNN's best recent looks in my opinion, a shame it didn't last that long.
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • ginnyfan