Britain’s Got Talent 2024

One thing I miss with the live shows now is not having More Talent on ITV2. Stephen Mulhern was fantastic on it and it was always very chaotic and hilarious. Even if they didn’t do it for the auditions I think they could still have it for the live shows.
[-] The following 6 users Like darrenlit94's post:
  • Ash101, Brekkie, DeMarkay, Gary Baldy, Toby brown, watchingtv

(16-05-2024, 08:30 PM)darrenlit94 Wrote:  One thing I miss with the live shows now is not having More Talent on ITV2. Stephen Mulhern was fantastic on it and it was always very chaotic and hilarious. Even if they didn’t do it for the auditions I think they could still have it for the live shows.

I always thought the Audition shows were even stronger though! Arguably similar to the messing around with the public he does on In For A Penny
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • GMc, Hybrid

(16-05-2024, 11:37 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I always thought the Audition shows were even stronger though! Arguably similar to the messing around with the public he does on In For A Penny

Thought it was just me who noticed this. Both have extremely similar editing and humour.

I am guessing voting will transition to online only this year like dancing on ice. After all, bgt lost it's own app after doi lost their app.

(18-05-2024, 05:01 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  I am guessing voting will transition to online only this year like dancing on ice. After all, bgt lost it's own app after doi lost their app.

I don’t think it will- much like I’m A Celeb, the Ant and Dec factor means they can afford to keep phone votes going. DOI they couldn’t justify it.

The Sun (so take with a pinch of salt but fairly reliable with this sort of thing) are reporting from next year the semi final week will be converted into semi final weeks to help plug the gap left by Takeaway ending

Sounds like an absolutely terrible idea but there you go
[-] The following 3 users Like Johnr's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Gary Baldy, UTVLifer

(23-05-2024, 11:38 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The Sun (so take with a pinch of salt but fairly reliable with this sort of thing) are reporting from next year the semi final week will be converted into semi final weeks to help plug the gap left by Takeaway ending

That’s a 12-14 week run then? Far too long for this show. It works for Strictly and worked for XF, because it was the same people week in week out, but not for this show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(23-05-2024, 11:38 PM)Johnr Wrote:  The Sun (so take with a pinch of salt but fairly reliable with this sort of thing) are reporting from next year the semi final week will be converted into semi final weeks to help plug the gap left by Takeaway ending

It's the laziest option. It'd be a shame if this does happen...but it's not surprising.

Ant & Dec not exactly getting the time back either if they're needed across the same number of weeks! The article even suggests they're considering Sunday results shows
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Sounds like they're trying to follow the same format that America's Got Talent has done over the last couple of seasons. They used to do quarter-finals, semi-finals and then a final where you got to see more performances of the acts, but they changed it a couple of years ago.

I don't think that format would work over here though, as when they did The Champions series over several weeks, I don't think that rated that well from memory? The week-long finals builds that momentum towards the grand finale.
Plus as others have said, defeats the point of A&D taking a break, unless they're planning to pre-record the 'live shows' like The Voice which equally wouldn't work.

I think realistically they will just start it a couple of weeks earlier by using the Sunday episodes.