BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-05-2024, 12:32 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Great move by the NC to have Maryam report from Malmo. She's obviously more known among younger audiences thanks to her viral gaffes and fun segments like bending a spoon on-air.

There is also consistency with last year when she was sent to Liverpool for the week.

Sending a presenter over to Eurovision feels a bit unnecessary.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • James, JJJJ, LDN, neonemesis

11 million people in the UK watched last year's final, and 162 million across Europe. I think that counts as a subject people are interested in.
[-] The following 8 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, DeMarkay, MLehon, Reith85, strollfan, Stuart

Also given the political element to it this year with Israel's inclusion and possible protests, it definitely doesn't feel out of place as an important story.
[-] The following 10 users Like steve's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Jeff, MLehon, Reith85, strollfan, xlalonce

Well, this will get everyone talking :-)

x.com 

(03-05-2024, 10:48 AM)steve Wrote:  Well, this will get everyone talking :-)

x.com 

Wow! Wow! Wow!

(Only wanted to type the one wow, but the message was too short)

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • chrisherald

I guess the move to GB News was never really what he wanted? As he kept very quiet on Twitter about it… this is exciting news for BBC News though!
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash101's post:
  • chrisherald, DeMarkay, GMc

So I presume he’ll be working closely with Chris Cook?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • DeMarkay

I’m just excited that he will hopefully start posting more behind the scenes on Twitter again. He posted absolutely nothing about GBN.

Is he in charge of studios only or also visuals/graphics/music etc?