BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present)

(03-05-2024, 02:40 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Until seeing a clip today on the News at One, I'd never truly taken in how incredibly shoddy Breakfast's Westminster CSO background is.

I'm not sure what's worst about it – the blurry BBC Breakfast logo; the jagged edge to the blue circle; the wonky, badly framed, low-res image of the Houses of Parliament, or the terrible, unsubtle job they've done of airbrushing out the time on the clock face (you can actually see it's five to four on the right hand face). How did that ever get signed off?
Actually, the Millbank DTL studio is a small office with a plasma screen. People are sat in front of a locked-off camera which frames the screen as the whole background. It's not CSO.

I did have a picture of the set-up, but can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking. Tongue

The background graphic will depend on the quality of the image sent to the screen.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • London Lite, UTVLifer

(04-05-2024, 02:09 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Actually, the Millbank DTL studio is a small office with a plasma screen. People are sat in front of a locked-off camera which frames the screen as the whole background. It's not CSO.

I did have a picture of the set-up, but can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking. Tongue

The background graphic will depend on the quality of the image sent to the screen.

Of the issues I mentioned, the use of a plasma screen, rather than CSO, could probably only account for the low-res appearance of the image and the framing. The rest has to be down to how the image was put together.

I’m not sure if it’s coincidence, but since I last posted about it, the Westminster backdrop appears to have been tweaked. At least, the BBC Breakfast logo is no longer blurry and the blue circle no longer has a jagged edge.

[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Reith85, RhysJR, TVFan

It’s a shame the former Westminster background from before last year’s refresh was shelved. It was probably the best amongst the morning shows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JK08's post:
  • MFTJA

(Yesterday, 08:46 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I’m not sure if it’s coincidence, but since I last posted about it, the Westminster backdrop appears to have been tweaked. At least, the BBC Breakfast logo is no longer blurry and the blue circle no longer has a jagged edge.

A notable improvement. And yet, still completely terrible.

The uncomfortably jaunty angle of the Houses of Parliament... the sh!tty Breakfast branding... the crudely smudged faces on the clock tower... Everything about it is still dreadful -- just at a slightly higher resolution.