The BBC Chameleon Thread

Oh dear, that graphic wasn’t produced in PowerPoint at all, right?!
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • DeMarkay, Spencer, Stuart

At least it has the correct logo on it.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Brekkie, fanoftv

Enjoying the crediting of an image of a BBC News Scotland WhatsApp channel promo to Reuters...

The 'BBC News Scotland' logo, with 'Scotland' smaller than 'News' is particularly bad - the BBC Sport Scotland one is similar. Is there a logic behind it?

www.bbc.co.uk 

(16-05-2024, 09:15 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  The 'BBC News Scotland' logo, with 'Scotland' smaller than 'News' is particularly bad - the BBC Sport Scotland one is similar. Is there a logic behind it?
Can't answer your question, but I'm a little intrigued by the "www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/news" URL being used (complete with www) as Reporting Scotland always used to refer to "bbc.co.uk/scotlandnews" on-air and in their graphics. I can't recall seeing that recently either though.

I'm sure someone mentioned a rule once that the BBC weren't supposed to promote websites any deeper than one / after the top-level domain, which is why all the cooking programmes etc. eventually became /food, and contestants for shows had to go to /takepart rather than a show website.

In other news, I was asked to do a survey today about BBC Maestro (the e-learning platform from BBC Studios). The survey used the graphic below, but I notice the live website still uses an old version of the BBC logo...
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image