(Today, 02:12 AM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Im sure its been done. But I dont think Ive ever seen a mobile tv studio like this. Live broadcasts from moving vehicles is so commonplace all over the US and Canada. But Ive dont think I see a mobile studio. Here is the New Yorker journalist Ronan Farrow, (former MSNBC presenter, son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen) behind the scenes preparing for live panel on CNN and whilst it appears he is just in another studio, maybe a DTL somewhere....dont think Ive seen this application. Lighting, Big screen backdrop and camera and apparently a signal stable enough to stream back to CNN Atlanta. Technology is wild these days. And all is not as it seems. (he does resemble Frank Sinatra cough cough).

www.tiktok.com 

It's basically a flash studio in the back of a satellite van or equivalent. I think it's a better solution for live crosses to reporters, rather than having them standing outside wherever the story is. The only time that makes sense is if they need to show something relevant to what they're reporting, otherwise, it's nothing more than just a backdrop. It's definitely a good thing when outside a courthouse or similar building where you won't even see anything related to the story in the background, so this makes a lot of sense to me.