The placeholder website now is up for U:
u.co.uk 

It originally redirected to UKTV Play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • Spencer

(03-05-2024, 08:21 PM)dbl Wrote:  The placeholder website now is up for U:
u.co.uk 

It originally redirected to UKTV Play.

Odd that Gold, Alibi and Eden aren’t included on there.

(03-05-2024, 09:14 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Odd that Gold, Alibi and Eden aren’t included on there.

Carriage deals still need to be discussed, U& will be applied to Alibi and GOLD at a later date - the focus is on free for now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • GeeTeeKay474

Just seen a U&Drama promo on Drama itself.

Still a bloody awful name.
[-] The following 5 users Like James2001's post:
  • AndrewP, GeeTeeKay474, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Stuart

All four channels have them, coming 'This Summer'
up.metropol247.co.uk 

It's like they want to show off what a downgrade it is by having the old fade into the new.

As with all such revamps no doubt they'll emphasise the "U&" prefix initially but I suspect it won't be long until the legacy names are just used by continuity as shorthand to refer to each service.
[-] The following 10 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, chaose, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, fanoftv, GeeTeeKay474, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Juicy Joe, Spencer

How to destroy your branding by ruining the channels' logos. That re-drawn Dave wordmark is p***-poor.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

I hate being too pessimistic about this stuff but it feels like there's no conceivable way that this could work or be "good" for any of these channels.
[-] The following 13 users Like Lynetwork's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, Brekkie, chaose, DeMarkay, Edogawa Ranpo, ethanjbrady, GMc, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, JJJJ, Juicy Joe, Stuart

(07-05-2024, 02:41 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  As with all such revamps no doubt they'll emphasise the "U&" prefix initially but I suspect it won't be long until the legacy names are just used by continuity as shorthand to refer to each service.

As quickly as G.O.L.D. ended up becoming Gold.
[-] The following 9 users Like James2001's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Stuart, thomash79

I actually felt myself twitch when I saw U& YESTERDAY. Atrocious.
[-] The following 6 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, DeMarkay, GeeTeeKay474, insert_good_username_here, Stuart