Sky Sports

(03-05-2024, 08:59 AM)Keith Wrote:  With Entertainment, Cinema, and Boost if you go through the cancellation process you'll usually get a discount offer equating to roughly half price (or more for Boost). I've done this multiple times to avoid paying full price. No idea about Sport though.

For sport, my discounted price going through the cancellation process was £19.99/month for six months, this was back in January/February.

Sky have announced their new sports streaming service called Sky Sports+. No extra cost for existing Sky Sports customers.

www.skysports.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, RhysJR

Every single EFL match apparently will be shown on Sky Sports+, which makes it more of an incentive to pay the Sports sub.

(08-05-2024, 12:32 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Sky have announced their new sports streaming service called Sky Sports+. No extra cost for existing Sky Sports customers.

www.skysports.com 

I think worth noting on that article is this bit.
Quote:Once live, Sky Sports+ will simply drop into the existing Sky experience, across Sky Glass, Sky Stream, Sky Q, and NOW.

The revamped Sky Sports app will also become the ultimate home of sports streaming on mobile devices with Sky Sports+ streams accessible directly from the app.

I wonder if long term the plan is to replace some of the Sky Sport linear channels with the new Sky Sports+ app. Older Sky box users are already being encouraged to upgrade to Sky Q/Stream, as many SD channel are switched off and others are migrated to DVB-S2.

I imagine linear channels such as Sky Sports Premiership and F1 probably still have their justification, be that for sponsorship/contractual reasons or if often shown in pubs. However, when there isn't a live event on I can't imagine repeats of sporting events and relating programming is particularly revenue generating. Thereby if they can move some of the channels into the streaming app they can be only 'on air' during live events, with some content being available to watch on catchup instead.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

So is Sky Sports+ the name of both a new linear channel and the streaming service? Are we in another Channel 4 type scenario?

(08-05-2024, 01:12 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Every single EFL match apparently will be shown on Sky Sports+, which makes it more of an incentive to pay the Sports sub.
No, every match on the opening day will be live (and the final day for each league), not every game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes News Engineer's post:
  • London Lite

(08-05-2024, 02:14 PM)Jake Wrote:  So is Sky Sports+ the name of both a new linear channel and the streaming service? Are we in another Channel 4 type scenario?
I’m not sure where you’ve seen that suggestion?

(08-05-2024, 02:22 PM)Jon Wrote:  I’m not sure where you’ve seen that suggestion?

There's a link to this page through the article above.

www.skysports.com 

Sky Sports+ needs to make all of its live sport available on demand after its initial broadcast. If it does that it’ll be a brilliant product.

(08-05-2024, 02:30 PM)Jake Wrote:  There's a link to this page through the article above.

www.skysports.com 
You’d hope that it’s just there as a gateway ‘press Red’ type channel. Whilst also showing the most high profile event at a given time.