Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - mrarg1393 - 15-11-2022

After seeing a few of the idents and breakers etc… it just feels very half hearted to me… like it’s been rushed out before being fully finished. I think it looks really odd when they squash the credits to show the promo for what’s coming up next… my OCD hates the fact it’s not centred when it’s minimised… I understand that they won’t be advertising ITV Hub anymore for obvious reasons, but they just advertised Shazam for this Saturday with extracts of Aquaman which was shown last week… which is now on ITV Hub… it just feels like it’s been rushed. Maybe they should have just waited till December when ITVX is launched and done the whole rebrand then. Might have given a bit more time to make it look more polished. I doubt it will stay long the way it is. Just feels like interns made it on their work experience. Time will tell if it improves but not a great first impression for me.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Moz - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 08:26 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Contrary to what was posted earlier in this thread, the ITV 1 programme menu aired just before 6pm did animate:

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1592599272343875584 

Where the itv1 flicks from the left hand side to the right hand side is so so messy.

Not thought through at all!

Just hate the 11111111111111111s.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Kojak - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:05 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The idents are dull - taking what should be an interesting concept but not doing enough with it to make it work.  The surrounding presentation is nice enough but feels quite generic.

It's the ITV1 I don't get.  The new branding is clearly about putting the numeral at the centre of things, but on the main channel ITV really should be the hero of the brand and I think that could have been achieved with this look, making the ITV logo animate and grab the attention rather than adding a "1" to take attention away from that, then letting the numeral (and X) do the work on the other channels.

Brekkie, hello! How nice to see you come in from the cold!

RE: ITV1 - I think your solution would probably defeat from their idea of having ITV as the sort-of 'statesman brand', if you like. I get the sense the idents (or rather scenes? backgrounds?) themselves are supposed to represent 'ITV', and the numerals/effects represent the individual channels. (God, that sounds so pretentious, doesn't it? Any marketing peeps, do feel free to hire me! Wink )

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - JAS84 - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 08:30 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  So the name UTV as a channel is now dead and buried, as UTV viewers now see ITV1 idents and presentation.

To me, this signals a sign that the UTV News name will have to go. If they have dropped the UTV name for continuity now, what is left of UTV to keep?
They dropped it when COVID hit! And that's well over two years ago now.

(15-11-2022, 10:46 PM)SCBNI Wrote:  Local trailer for Secrets of the Comedy Circuit has just aired on UTV during the ad break of I’m A Celebrity. It was in the new style with a rather large UTV logo instead of an ITV1 logo and was still referred to as ‘on UTV’.
Screencaps, anyone?

Though that does confirm that UTV's brand is still being used for local shows - the same status quo as before today's rebrand.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Juicy Joe - 15-11-2022

The rather large '3', it's font and it's positioning on break bumpers on ITV3, looks similar to the short-lived Channel 3 North East era of Tyne Tees. And we know how that was regarded at the time.

But yes, ITV should be the star of the show on the main channel, not the numeral.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - SCBNI - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:25 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 08:30 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  So the name UTV as a channel is now dead and buried, as UTV viewers now see ITV1 idents and presentation.

To me, this signals a sign that the UTV News name will have to go. If they have dropped the UTV name for continuity now, what is left of UTV to keep?
They dropped it when COVID hit! And that's well over two years ago now.

(15-11-2022, 10:46 PM)SCBNI Wrote:  Local trailer for Secrets of the Comedy Circuit has just aired on UTV during the ad break of I’m A Celebrity. It was in the new style with a rather large UTV logo instead of an ITV1 logo and was still referred to as ‘on UTV’.
Screencaps, anyone?

Though that does confirm that UTV's brand is still being used for local shows - the same status quo as before today's rebrand.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 11:14 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  After seeing a few of the idents and breakers etc… it just feels very half hearted to me… like it’s been rushed out before being fully finished. I think it looks really odd when they squash the credits to show the promo for what’s coming up next… my OCD hates the fact it’s not centred when it’s minimised… I understand that they won’t be advertising ITV Hub anymore for obvious reasons, but they just advertised Shazam for this Saturday with extracts of Aquaman which was shown last week… which is now on ITV Hub… it just feels like it’s been rushed. Maybe they should have just waited till December when ITVX is launched and done the whole rebrand then. Might have given a bit more time to make it look more polished. I doubt it will stay long the way it is. Just feels like interns made it on their work experience. Time will tell if it improves but not a great first impression for me.

Yesterday that same trailer said “Shazam, Saturday at 6pm and watch Aquaman now on ITV Hub”
Now of course it’s the same trailer but only mentioning Shazam

And that Britain Get Talking ad has been getting ridiculously high play over the last few weeks (along with the ITV Daytime one) because at this time of year there is basically only 3 programmes on prime time ITV1 for weeks to trail (I’m a Celeb, The Larkins and the World Cup)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Clean Feed - 15-11-2022

(15-11-2022, 09:14 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  One small element of UTV branding that survived the 2020 change to ITV presentation is the logo on endboards for local trails. UTV-branded local trails have not yet materialised today. But in the grand scheme of things, even if the UTV branding disappears on local trails, how many viewers will notice/care? 

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/15618/opinion/no-sign-of-utv-branded-local-trails/ 
https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1592648671895891971 

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Imaginativename - 15-11-2022

Sorry if it’s been said already, but… same locations with different things happening there at different times? It’s a blatant rip off of the BBC One concept, minus a lens. Not really saying much for ITV’s distinctiveness. And the scenes they’ve gone with, not to mention execution, are all a bit lacking in creativity.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - DJ Dave - 15-11-2022

Not really loving the new look, I think if I had to pick the best Ident would be ITV 3's version of the train ident.

I agree it's a step back and not a patch on the 2013 rebrand, do we really need the 1? Also what has happened to all the great trailers ITV use to put out? like the "ITV Where Drama Lives". The last lot of Idents where getting a big dated and I always liked the 2013 ITV Logo to the blue one in the latter, but not a major fan of this new look.