ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

So the name UTV as a channel is now dead and buried, as UTV viewers now see ITV1 idents and presentation.

To me, this signals a sign that the UTV News name will have to go. If they have dropped the UTV name for continuity now, what is left of UTV to keep?

There's also a new Subtitles and audio description logo at the beginning of the programme - as just seen starting Emmerdale.

Regarding the idents, I’m getting big yellow era ITV1 vibes

I feel like the flat colours don't help things. If there were some subtle gradients, I feel like it would be nicer. Overall, OK outline for your mock...oh wait. I do kid of course, but the menu looks very basic. I really don't like it.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

ITV2 appear to have ditched the cringeworthy 'spanking new' tag.
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • DeMarkay

(15-11-2022, 08:38 PM)what Wrote:  ITV2 appear to have ditched the cringeworthy 'spanking new' tag.

I think ITV2 was the last of ITV’s channels to have a separate DOG for new programming.

Edit: ITV2 seem to have a DOG reading 'new series to the right of the logo but it’s only on-screen for about 30 seconds before fading out.

(15-11-2022, 08:27 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 07:13 PM)Gavin25 Wrote:  Here is UTV's Version of the ITV1 Local News 6pm weekday handover
The announcer is UTV live newsreader Katie Andrews  Lo
cal News 6pm weekday Handover Local News 6pm weekday Handover Local News 6pm weekday Ha 
www.youtube.com 

UTV Live getting renamed as part of the spring 2023 ITV News refresh would be a logical next step, in my humble opinion.
Has it been confirmed that ITV News will be having a refresh in the spring? I know there’s been rumblings but didn’t know if it was true or not. I mean it would make sense of course seen as it will be 10 years old come January!

(15-11-2022, 08:47 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 08:38 PM)what Wrote:  ITV2 appear to have ditched the cringeworthy 'spanking new' tag.

I think ITV2 was the last of ITV’s channels to have a separate DOG for new programming.

ITV had one advertising I'm A Celeb for a week before it.

Surely now they’ve gone back to the old format of ECP they don’t need to shrink down the credits, just slide them over to the side?
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • benzj, Brekkie, chevron, Jeff, Ma76

(15-11-2022, 08:49 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 08:47 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  I think ITV2 was the last of ITV’s channels to have a separate DOG for new programming.

ITV had one advertising I'm A Celeb for a week before it.

What I meant was a 'brand new' tag next to the channel’s DOG. I don’t think ITV (1) has ever. I feel like ITV3 & 4 may have used one in their 2006-2013 years, correct me if I’m wrong and CITV stopped using theirs around 2019.

On another note, did anyone manage to catch the rebranded ITVBe promo during Dress to Impress?