Pres Café
ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=237)

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew Wood - 06-10-2023

The same idents have been in use all day on ITV2 - well, after the CITV block that is.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Brekkie - 06-10-2023

How do we feel about the ITV idents almost a year on?

Overall I think the idents look good and work well and nice to see they can do something a bit different with them at times (are these the first programme related ones?)

Not sure though the concept of the same idents on all channels really works or strengthens the brands. Think I'd rather see ITV1 having multiple versions of the same idents then the other channels having something more distinct.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Andrew Wood - 06-10-2023

I have only seen one outing of the ITV2 Cityscape ident with the 'transformer'. ITV4 and ITVBe's Cityscape idents have eluded me - that's if they have even been put in to rotation. There was an ITV1 Cafe ident with a band playing shown in the promo reels - but that doesn't appear to have seen the light of day. Odd to see two versions of ITV2 Beach.

And I'll bet the Christmas idents on ITV1 will return unchanged with Santa stood under a deciduous tree in the middle of summer again.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - fanoftv - 06-10-2023

I’d like to see Christmas idents following the same concept but with new scenes with variations for all channels… but then again, I love Christmas!

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 08:20 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  How do we feel about the ITV idents almost a year on?

Overall I think the idents look good and work well and nice to see they can do something a bit different with them at times (are these the first programme related ones?)

Not sure though the concept of the same idents on all channels really works or strengthens the brands.  Think I'd rather see ITV1 having multiple versions of the same idents then the other channels having something more distinct.

Given the ITV channels target different audiences, the idea of variations of the same ident on each channel is flawed, as it’s going to be completely lost on most viewers.

I could forgive them if the idents were amazing, but they’re bland, generic, pedestrian and forgettable.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - DJ Dave - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 10:32 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Given the ITV channels target different audiences, the idea of variations of the same ident on each channel is flawed, as it’s going to be completely lost on most viewers.

I could forgive them if the idents were amazing, but they’re bland, generic, pedestrian and forgettable.

Yeah not a patch on the 2013 look.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - fanoftv - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 10:42 PM)DJ Dave Wrote:  Yeah not a patch on the 2013 look.

The 2013 branding was fantastic in every way from visual to sound design, idents to trailers. Each channel had its own identity, but they worked so well as a family, especially the early days when the trailers flowed into one another.

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - eyeTV - 08-10-2023

A rather large Big Brother logo / DOG on both ITV1 & 2 this morning

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - TVenthusiasm - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 10:13 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  A rather large Big Brother logo / DOG on both ITV1 & 2 this morning

[Image: 2023-10-08_10h37_51.png]

RE: ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond) - Spencer - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 10:39 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  [Image: 2023-10-08_10h37_51.png]

Nice to see the CBS logo there.