Pres Café
Saturday Night Takeaway - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Saturday Night Takeaway (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Scrotnig - 24-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 09:56 PM)Rory N Wrote:  Well after the first show it is clear why they are taking a break. Everything just felt predictable, although I enjoyed the first part where Ant and Dec gave away takeaway getaway’s to all the audience.

I disagree. I thought it was great fun. It’s still the best thing on Saturday nights by far. I will be sad to see it go, there is genuinely nothing to replace it.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - EJnutz - 24-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 10:01 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I disagree. I thought it was great fun. It’s still the best thing on Saturday nights by far. I will be sad to see it go, there is genuinely nothing to replace it.

Totally agree with you. Thought it was great fun. Looking forward to seeing the cheeky Little Ant and Dec

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - AJB39 - 24-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 09:56 PM)Rory N Wrote:  Well after the first show it is clear why they are taking a break. Everything just felt predictable, although I enjoyed the first part where Ant and Dec gave away takeaway getaway’s to all the audience.

I disagree also. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It really is so well researched, planned and executed. Kudos to Ant and Dec and all the production team. It looks like the series will go out on a high.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - VMPhil - 24-02-2024

I thought it was great - giving the entire audience the holiday reminded me of that episode of Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush (ancient history in TV terms, I know)

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - JMT1985 - 24-02-2024

I have to admit, this week's show was very good. I was thinking it would be flat and the usual nonsense, it felt so much better - they did put the effort into this last series.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - NI92 - 24-02-2024

Like others I enjoyed it and be a shame to see it go. When they go off script it is best like Stephen Merchant's quip about Simon Cowell although Ant was shocked.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - LouBlu08 - 25-02-2024

I wouldn't say that the show is predictable, but yeah, it's definitely samey. It's not gotten to the point of being predictable or boring IMO, but not a lot has changed over the last few years. It works, and they've kept to it.

Interestingly though, the only time someone ever mentioned this series being the last was the announcer during Ant V. Dec.

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - patrickm - 25-02-2024

Loved seeing the wheelchair dancer. A first on SNT?

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Johnr - 25-02-2024

Surprised they didn’t do a game involving the lottery numbers now they’re sponsored by them Wink

RE: Saturday Night Takeaway - Nobby - 25-02-2024

(22-02-2024, 11:44 PM)JHarper_2022 Wrote:  Not sure if this was brought up but it is worth noting that ITV2 will be repeating SNT the following day, IIRC the last time ITV2 repeated SNT would've been around 2017 or so? 5

Hopefully they have already recorded some continuity to go over the end credits, "Sorry but PJ was mistaken when mumbled that The 1% Club is next here on your ITV2. It's actually a motion picture called Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2". They probably haven't and will probably just mention ITVX instead.

(24-02-2024, 10:43 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I thought it was great - giving the entire audience the holiday reminded me of that episode of Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush (ancient history in TV terms, I know)

It had nowhere near the energy that Don't Forget Your Toothbrush did all those years ago though.

Giving the whole audience a holiday should have been a big deal, at least to the studio audience even if not for the viewer, but it just felt a bit nothing. I'm not even sure it was explained that well.

One difference is that on Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, the audience all went on holiday together to the same destination at the same time (before the end of the show) and Chris Evans went with them.

This is very different to Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway where the audience actually won a holiday voucher to be used in the next 18 months, certain dates excluded, travel insurance not included, travel to UK airport not included, terms and conditions apply etc.