TV Social Media Pres Gold

(11 hours ago)James2001 Wrote:  That video's bizarre as TV Ark have added processing to make the video 50fps, even though the original report was clearly shot on film.
I think that's just their standard video format. Looks really crisp and decent quality to me.

The format it was shot on at the time is irrelevant, they will have digitised it from 25 fps interlaced video. The transfer from film took place almost 40 years ago

(7 hours ago)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I think that's just their standard video format. Looks really crisp and decent quality to me.

The format it was shot on at the time is irrelevant, they will have digitised it from 25 fps interlaced video. The transfer from film took place almost 40 years ago

James is right, I think it's already been posted and it has been remarked on how it looks post-processed as even the original wouldn't have been that clean.

(7 hours ago)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I think that's just their standard video format. Looks really crisp and decent quality to me.

It wouldn't have the 50Hz movement if it was shot on film though, however good or bad the transfer- and you can see dirt, scratches, grain and weave throughout which are telltale signs it was shot on film (especially on the material from the channel itself, which looks like it was telerecorded- with the right hand side and bottom of the frame quite clearly cut off during the idents and clock sequence, presumably due to how the telerecorder was set up).

I think the reason it looks so crisp is because it's been put through some sort of AI cleaning/upscale process alongside the conversion to 50fps (which I think also helps hide much of the film graininess).

Also, another clue is TV Ark also have an off-air clip of continuity from the channel itself which has been properly converted from 50i to 50p without any processing- notice the IVC is 50Hz, but the ident is 25 (and also doesn't have half of the last letter cut off), whereas the video of the BBC report has the ident with smooth 50Hz motion- which is another giveaway the BBC video has been artifically converted to 50fps:

tvark.org