Outnumbered returns for Christmas

The BBC have announced the return of Outnumbered for a Christmas special on BBC One. Shaping up to be a heavy line up alongside Wallace & Gromit and Gavin & Stacey
www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, CF1, Reith85

Outnumbered of course will have a different feel this time round considering Hugh Grant and Claire Skinner are now actually a couple in real life, as opposed to on a TV screen. And of course Grandad isn't around now (David Ryall having died in 2014, which sort of ruled him out of what would become the 2016 special anyway because that's how death works).

Always liked Outnumbered, though it sort of lost its edge the older the offspring became, as it was pretty much an "out of the mouths of babes" sort of thing particularly up to the 4th series (could anybody seriously have scripted the mouse funeral? Big Grin)

Can't wait! I wonder if they'll do what My Family did and have one of the kids become a parent themselves?

Seems there’s now a grandchild in tow according to the description, who I’m guessing is Jake’s.

If it wasn't for Gavin and Stacey think this would be the centrepiece of Christmas Day but it hopefully will do quite well presumably on Christmas Eve, and wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's a pilot for a reboot.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, Reith85

That’s great news. I wondered might it return given that BBC One are currently repeating one of the earlier series.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, Reith85

(23-05-2024, 10:34 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Outnumbered of course will have a different feel this time round considering Hugh Grant and Claire Skinner are now actually a couple in real life, as opposed to on a TV screen.

Hugh Dennis is going to be in for a shock when he finds out about this.
[-] The following 14 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, DJ Dave, dvboy, fanoftv, iloveTV1, Nobby, Reith85, RhysJR, strollfan, thomash79, Tim G, turbolazer, TVFan