Premier League Coverage

(16-05-2024, 07:31 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Is this the first time a final day match involving a title contender has been on Sky? Usually if the secondary broadcaster has shown a final day match they're left with a relegation game or dead rubber.

Think this is the final season without all last day matches being broadcast as they're finally included in the new deal. Baffling they were not last time when the four midweek rounds had all matches included.

One more season left on this deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rdd's post:
  • Brekkie, RhysJR

(16-05-2024, 07:48 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  though I thought I recall watching it on Final Score - which is definitely wrong!

You're not wrong, Final Score was on a Sunday that day, due to cup final previous day and thus most of the Premier League happening on Sunday.
www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TastyCrow's post:
  • RhysJR

Probably not a shocker given what was left after UK TV picks but Premier Sports have gone for Brighton v Man Utd as their final day game (ROI only).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • RhysJR

Do NBC still air all 10 matches across their linear channels or do they just stick most of them on Peacock now?

(16-05-2024, 03:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do NBC still air all 10 matches across their linear channels or do they just stick most of them on Peacock now?

This Sunday NBC will have four games on linear TV (on NBC, USA Network, CNBC and Golf Channel), with the other six matches exclusively on Peacock. A bit of bad planning that their presentation team will be based at the Emirates Stadium, rather than at the Etihad Stadium where the trophy is most likely to be lifted (apparently Premier League boss Richard Masters is also staying clear of Manchester City on Sunday). Who knows, maybe come Sunday evening I will eat my words and that will be a genius move!

Also looks like an all female commentary team on the world feed for Sheffield United v. Tottenham.

www.nbcsports.com 

(17-05-2024, 12:26 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  This Sunday NBC will have four games on linear TV (on NBC, USA Network, CNBC and Golf Channel), with the other six matches exclusively on Peacock. A bit of bad planning that their presentation team will be based at the Emirates Stadium, rather than at the Etihad Stadium where the trophy is most likely to be lifted (apparently Premier League boss Richard Masters is also staying clear of Manchester City on Sunday). Who knows, maybe come Sunday evening I will eat my words and that will be a genius move!

Also looks like an all female commentary team on the world feed for Sheffield United v. Tottenham.

www.nbcsports.com 

Think NBC has made the right call being based at the Emirates since they'll either cover the despair of Arsenal again being close yet not close enough to win a title or the jubilation of a 20 year title drought being broken.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeff's post:
  • RhysJR

Apparently TNT Sports and Sky Sports are showing the goals from each other's game in the title race today, which is good to see that level of co-operation.

To answer my own question, Peter Drury covering Manchester City for Sky.

Bit of an awkward scheduling for Final Score again. It first airs on BBC One at 17:30, before switching to BBC Two for the trophy lift at 18:15. I would suspect that if the title hadn't gone to the final day, it would have been on BBC Two in lieu of Flog It from 17:15.

On Final Score there was the slightly strange situation of Jason himself reading out the classified results

I didn't catch anything from during the match, but TNT showed the trophy lift from City - presumably a quid pro quo so Sky could have shown it from Arsenal, if it had been there.