TV Social Media Pres Gold

(31-05-2024, 07:16 PM)Tola Wrote:  tvark.org 
One of the idents from the very scarce UK Gold Classics (the first string of channel identities that would later become Dave) also appears to have been uploaded on the site in recent months
IIRC Gold Classics/Gold 2 at first just used the previous set of idents from UK Gold. Eventually they shared the same set of idents until it became UKTVG2.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • lookoutwales, Tola

So, I have a Politics degree, and I am watching the election coverage where I can, be it from this year, or from previous years. Be it our current Prime Minister getting drenched as 'Things can only get better' plays over his speech, whether its Ed Milliband unveiling a concrete slab with his policies on them, or its Michael Portillo losing his seat to Stephen Twigg in '97 (Met Twigg once, incidentally. Nice bloke). With it being election season, maybe its time we looked at some of the 'best' bits of election coverage, PPBs, statements, interviews, and all other election related business. Obviously, not discussing politics, but we can certainly comment on the presentation.

From Newsnight in 1984- a young, Islington North Backbencher argues over dress code in Parliament.
www.youtube.com 

New Labour-New Danger from 1996/1997. The negative campaign against what even nonpartisan opinions would say was Labour's to win.
www.youtube.com 

Lastly, Labour's 'Land of Hope and Glory' using a lot of stick footage, and royalty free music which would likely keep the cost down
www.youtube.com 

Admin edit: post moved here rather than being a standalone thread.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Also, obligatory mention that David Cameron was Carlton Television's Director of Corporate Affairs, and had a hand in the creation of ON Digital.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

The original version of Central Weekend, as seen in June 1986 (not the best quality recording as you’ll see)

This is not quite the full-on shoutfest it became later on - particularly after Roger Cook left to launch The Cook Report for the network - but it’s arguably no less confrontational.

And in the case of this clip, probably a bit NFSW.

x.com 

(02-06-2024, 07:45 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  The original version of Central Weekend, as seen in June 1986 (not the best quality recording as you’ll see)

This is not quite the full-on shoutfest it became later on - particularly after Roger Cook left to launch The Cook Report for the network - but it’s arguably no less confrontational.

And in the case of this clip, probably a bit NFSW.

x.com 

I don’t think the Central Weekend theme tune ever gets enough credit for how great it is. I remember more the later arrangement performed live every week by the house band, but it’s still an absolute belter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • lookoutwales

(01-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  New Labour-New Danger from 1996/1997. The negative campaign against what even nonpartisan opinions would say was Labour's to win.
www.youtube.com 

I've always had a soft spot for this PPB thanks to a very early childhood memory. My mum had the TV on mute while she was on the phone to somebody, so 4 year-old me was watching a bunch of innocuous silent footage, such as a man using a cash machine and a woman drawing her curtains at night, not really knowing what was going on. Next thing, these scary eyes appear out of nowhere, and everybody in this innocuous footage suddenly looked terrified. Weirdly, my memory only recalls the red curtains and the eyes, not the NEW LABOUR NEW DANGER wording, so I had absolutely no idea what creepy nonsense I was watching. I eventually persuaded my mum to turn the TV over to Emmerdale. It was fun to rediscover it when I was older and find out what it all actually meant.

Does anyone remember the 1996 Labour Party political broadcast which was created by the Spitting image team?

www.youtube.com  Ok i found this footage from Childrens ITV

Basically The studio is pretty much reminds me How The old Satellite Television used that studio before they renameing it As SKY Television

tvark.org