Christmas TV

Yes the BBC pres/ident parodies in that are the best thing about it (or at least they are for me, unfortunately I never found VW's stuff funny)

Also today's Alternative Christmas Message will be delivered by Stephen Fry calling out antisemitism.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

I notice that the Corrie & Emmerdale Christmas Day episodes are already up on ITVX.

Is this usual for Christmas or a first?
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Happy2001

(25-12-2023, 12:56 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I notice that the Corrie & Emmerdale Christmas Day episodes are already up on ITVX.

Is this usual for Christmas or a first?

The 1% Club and Barry Humphries documentary are already up as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hybrid's post:
  • Happy2001

Thanks for the heads up, I can look super intelligent in front of my family now at 9pm Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Johnr's post:
  • Brekkie, callumwatchestelly

I may have asked this at TVF. I assume the Kings Christmas message is sent to all the networks and are embargoed until 3? Or is it played out centrally.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rkolsen's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Surprised it's only a single half hour episode of Corrie and Emmerdale today, must be the first time in many years there hasn't been an hour long or double episode. Especially when Corrie's normally an hour anyway.

(25-12-2023, 09:00 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Surprised it's only a single half hour episode of Corrie and Emmerdale today, must be the first time in many years there hasn't been an hour long or double episode. Especially when Corrie's normally an hour anyway.

Yes I think we were short changed with Corrie and other members of my family thought the same

The Platts were only eating their starter at the Bistro, there could have been lots more sniping between them, and the other family set ups barely got a few minutes between them

It’s a nice change from normal though, where the soaps were the centrepiece of the schedule and other shows felt like filler against the big BBC shows like Strictly and Doctor Who.

(25-12-2023, 06:17 PM)rkolsen Wrote:  I may have asked this at TVF. I assume the Kings Christmas message is sent to all the networks and are embargoed until 3? Or is it played out centrally.

On commercial radio, it's played out centrally on IRN, but I always assumed the various TV channels play it themselves with an embargo.

Do the various networks take it in turns to produce? This year's was made by ITN, but I'm sure in previous years it's been produced by both BBC Studios and Sky?
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(25-12-2023, 09:48 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Do the various networks take it in turns to produce? This year's was made by ITN, but I'm sure in previous years it's been produced by both BBC Studios and Sky?

Looks like it is produced by BBC and ITV in alternate years currently. But below doesn't suggest much of a pattern between BBC, ITV and Sky.

Per my list:
2022: BBC
2021: ITN
2020: BBC
May 2020: BBC
April 2020: BBC
2019: BBC
2018: Sky
2017: Sky
2015: ITV

Can't remember if it was the case last year, but the BBC Two BSL broadcast of the speech was on 3pm, simulcasting the standard version of BBC One. I can remember it being closer to 5:30/6pm in other years.