Britain’s Got Talent 2024

Just to say the football is definitely on ITV4 that day, now in the schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Score

(16-05-2024, 02:27 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Just to say the football is definitely on ITV4 that day, now in the schedule.

I have just seen, a massive shame as its a big game that deserves to be on ITV why couldn't ITV have booked BGT Live shows to Sunday-Thursday?

Or just, you know, not schedule it on a week international football is on?

(16-05-2024, 03:29 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Or just, you know, not schedule it on a week international football is on?

It's the same week every year as it matches up with May half term

BGT airs in the same week every year so I don’t see why it should have to move. They’ll have locked the dates in months ago, probably further in advance than the football which only confirmed their fixtures 2-3 months ago I think.

The last couple of women’s England games have only got about 1.5m, they’re not going to bend over backwards moving one of their biggest shows for that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Score's post:
  • GMc

(16-05-2024, 03:05 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  I have just seen, a massive shame as its a big game that deserves to be on ITV why couldn't ITV have booked BGT Live shows to Sunday-Thursday?

It doesn’t deserve to be on ITV when it’d get c. 1.5m and BGT will probably get 4-5m at least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes iloveTV1's post:
  • GMc

Yes, you're looking at 5-6m across two channels rather than less than 2m so makes sense really.

Half term week for BGT is probably also related to logistics for the audience, many of whom will be families with their children

I see Ant is now a father so congratulations to him, his wife gave birth probably just in time for him to still be able to present the live shows!

(16-05-2024, 05:36 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Half term week for BGT is probably also related to logistics for the audience, many of whom will be families with their children

I see Ant is now a father so congratulations to him, his wife gave birth probably just in time for him to still be able to present the live shows!

To be fair they’ve not done it in half term every year - 2012 it was moved to compete with The Voice, 2016 aired the week before for a random reason which wasn’t really clear (and meant that the first episode was scheduled against the final episode of The Voice on the BBC), and in 2020 the final auditions episode aired the week after half term, so had the live shows gone ahead when they were scheduled then they might not have aired in the half term either.

Though in 2020's case, it could be that they aired only on Saturday when a week or two would've normally also been on Sunday? No point doubling up when the lives aren't immediately following.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Ash101, Score