The TV Gameshow Thread

(15-05-2024, 04:09 PM)Score Wrote:  these reality formats need time to build, and a lot comes down to how they do overall with catchup/streaming included.

Not sure where the idea of The Traitors having peaked already comes from either.

Yeah I agree catch-up is crucial with these formats. None of the hits in that genre start off big. The first episode of the current series of Race across the world has a 28 day viewing figure of 7.1m, over double the overnight.

On the subject of The Traitors, does anybody know if Gogglebox reviewed The Fortune Hotel or did Studio Lambert mysteriously lose the tapes Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like cando's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

(19-05-2024, 12:06 PM)cando Wrote:  On the subject of The Traitors, does anybody know if Gogglebox reviewed The Fortune Hotel or did Studio Lambert mysteriously lose the tapes Wink

Probably none of the Gogglebox cast had a device to play said tapes in their homes. Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like JasonB's post:
  • cando, DeMarkay, UTVLifer

variety.com 

Bit of an old story this one but these are filming in London soon for The CW Network in the US and currently looking for Americans and Canadians based in the UK to take part.

scrabble.castingcrane.com
trivialpursuit.castingcrane.com

Could these be picked up here? I know they were tried previously.

Where does it say it's in the UK? From what I can see you need to be an American citizen (i.e. Canadians are actually banned) and have a passport. Doesn't say you'll be coming to the UK, or that you should be a UK resident. That'd be the point of needing the passport.

Trivial Pursuit has indeed been tried before - twice.
www.ukgameshows.com 

And so has Scrabble.
www.ukgameshows.com 

www.ukgameshows.com 

Those are the links being used for casting. All info is in the link below.

www.facebook.com 

So the contestant call contradicts the application form? Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

In other news, The Finish Line, Pointless and The Chase are all cancelled today unexpectedly due to election news.

Itv are apparently renewing The Fortune Hotel for a second series:

www.thesun.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like ckck1704's post:
  • DeMarkay, iloveTV1, Juicy Joe

Like The Traitors (again!) I suspect word of mouth has helped secure at least a couple more series, to be fair it has got going now it just took perhaps a couple too many episodes to get 'there'

Stephen has turned out to be a good host too, his presenting style oddly reminds me of Glenn Hugill from The Mole!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • DeMarkay

I haven’t heard a single thing about it on social media or in the papers. The first series of the Traitors was by comparison much more widely mentioned and the second series everywhere.

It has been rating roughly the same as Big Brother and My Mum Your Dad did and both got recommissioned but they're very different in that the former was only an ITV2 show using ITV1 as a shop window and the latter won't have cost as much to make as The Fortune Hotel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • DeMarkay