BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Suspected the death of the elexagon, even if this looks more of an evolution than something totally new. Not surprising, three general elections is two cycles longer than previous graphics packages.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

It took a couple of seconds for me (and I had just woken up) to work out why it looked like 24.

The thing is, since 2000, it's been very rare to see the year abbreviated to the last two digits, despite it being commonplace beforehand with things like Election 97, Film 94, Telethon 90, Holiday 88 (or whatever), so it feels a bit odd to me to be going back to that.
[-] The following 8 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, LDN, Matrix, oscillon, Stuart

(23-05-2024, 10:28 AM)Spencer Wrote:  It took a couple of seconds for me (and I had just woken up) to work out why it looked like 24.

The thing is, since 2000, it's been very rare to see the year abbreviated to the last two digits, despite it being commonplace beforehand with things like Election 97, Film 94, Telethon 90, Holiday 88 (or whatever), so it feels a bit odd to me to be going back to that.

Agree. It took me two seconds to figure out that that was indeed a 24 and then a further two seconds to realise it was 2024 and not just the latest nostalgic recycling.
[-] The following 2 users Like Matrix's post:
  • Spencer, UTVLifer

(23-05-2024, 08:25 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  www.skygroup.sky 

Kay doing 10pm-7am with Sophy Ridge presenting from Westminster from 7am.

That's a good compromise. That said, don't think I'll be awake by the time Sophy comes on! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • UTVLifer

(23-05-2024, 10:18 AM)DTV Wrote:  Suspected the death of the elexagon, even if this looks more of an evolution than something totally new. Not surprising, three general elections is two cycles longer than previous graphics packages.

It doesn’t look like it is the death of the ‘Elexagon’ as it’s all over the BBC News at One (with Ben Brown)
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

(23-05-2024, 01:09 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It doesn’t look like it is the death of the ‘Elexagon’ as it’s all over the BBC News at One (with Ben Brown)

Yep, even in special wipes during the headlines. I suspect with parliament not yet dissolved, the planned graphics will start to appear once the campaign period properly begins. Probably the same with Sky and the things they tend to run during the campaign (constant polling data on screen, constituency info on 'live' graphics etc.).

Only problem with what's currently on the News at 1 is that all the screens all say 'Elections 2024' plural, which was used for the various local elections at the start of the month but not so relevant for the general election.

Meanwhile the first of many changes to the schedule to come, there will be a Friday episode of Politics Live tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • UTVLifer

Anyone else think it looks like the London 2012 logo?

Yes, 'Elections 2024' doesn't seem quite right. Yes, it's 650 individual elections I suppose, but we don't usually use the plural for a General.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Stuart

(23-05-2024, 01:25 PM)steve Wrote:  Yes, 'Elections 2024' doesn't seem quite right. Yes, it's 650 individual elections I suppose, but we don't usually use the plural for a General.

I suspect it’s their graphics package for the variety of elections happening this year.

When the campaign officially starts, the Election 24 graphics will launch.
[-] The following 2 users Like chris's post:
  • Jeff, UTVLifer

Sky showcasing a Skypad in the Newsroom with Tom Cheshire showing the digital election ads. Don't think I have seen that before.