BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Yes, me too. Stand by for plenty of purple!
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • UTVLifer

A behind the scenes of yesterday's lineup announcement
x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • AJB39, Michael 18, UTVLifer

Is this a rule the BBC have made up themselves where the election branding can’t launch until the campaign officially starts?

Even though today we’ve got correspondents following the main leaders, who are holding rally’s etc?
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, fatal paper cut, UTVLifer

Interesting that Matthew is on the UK opt out while Rajini does Verified Live for the World.

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harryb, Ian, UTVLifer

So is he in Downing Street because there is activity there or because it's easier to host from someone's doorstep than to fire up another studio?
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

This thread has been reopened: for presentation-related election discussion.
[-] The following 4 users Like Nescafé's post:
  • AJB39, Ant, London Lite, TIGHazard

(23-05-2024, 04:07 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Is this a rule the BBC have made up themselves where the election branding can’t launch until the campaign officially starts?
I suspect that given that yesterday's announcement came without much advanced warning yesterday evening and today have been spent hastily adjusting plans and organising staff.

I'd like to think they're getting staff and presenters/reporters in place to be able to have more UK studio based opt-out from Monday until the election day.

I'm guessing most news channels had assumed the election would now be in the autumn, with staff holidays based on that. I imagine there's been some hastily cancelled holidays, as well as bosses working out who is available.

As commented by others I dare say the BBC might be regretting changing the Newsnight format from June. That said in the discussion format they'll have a month of being able to talk about that day's election campaign events. It'll be interesting to see it the Ten gets temporarily extended in light of the election coverage.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, UTVLifer

I took the following screen caps during the election announcement yesterday from all the major UK news organisations that were on air at the time (plus CNN). We're all familiar with their graphics today but might be interesting to look back in the future at how the 2024 General Election was announced (?!)

I've put them within a spoiler tag to minimise disruption to the flow of the thread.

Also, I've resized the images so they collectively come to less than 1MB so shouldn't eat up anyone's data.

BBC News Special (BBC One & BBC News channel): up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

ITV News Special: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

5 News at 5: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Sky News: up.metropol247.co.uk 

Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

...and here are the last three captures of the election announcement:

CNN International: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

GB News: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Talk TV (emergency statement!): up.metropol247.co.uk 

Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Milkshake

I wonder how long ago that was recorded?!