BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Having Sophy do the daytime shift makes sense as it makes better use of her abilities and contacts as a new government is being formed.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Hellsloot, matthieu1221, UTVLifer, Will

(25-05-2024, 06:03 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Would Lewis Goodall be a good replacement for Claire Balding on Channel 4's election results programme?
Depends what they're after. If they want a big name like Clairee Balding then no he wouldn't

(25-05-2024, 06:38 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Remember too that 5Live is well used to covering sport and news. It's easy to weave in any late results from counts into Wimbledon coverage. Big events like the PM going to the palace normally happen by lunchtime so just before play starts.

Don't. I'm still bitter that a 5 Live interview with a (now former) colleague of mine based on a video I produced featuring her that went semi-viral got binned because of Cameron going to the Palace.

So do we know the studios to be used for the general election night - BBC seems to have to use Studio B, as I doubt they will ever return to the vast studio spaces we were used to seeing up to 2015. ITV will use their regular Studio 1 I presume, the usual home to ITV News probably alongside the atrium again? Channel 4, will they go back to Riverside TV Studios in their Studio 1, which they used for the 2019 election night?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • UTVLifer

I noticed on the 10 tonight that BBC News are still labelling people as 'MPs' in name straps.

There are no MPs since the dissolution of Parliament last Friday evening. They have always been aware of this before and named people accordingly.

www.parliament.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Moz

Isn't Parliament technically dissolved at the end of this week, even though they've finished business ahead of the recess?
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Jeff, UTVLifer

(26-05-2024, 10:30 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I noticed on the 10 tonight that BBC News are still labelling people as 'MPs' in name straps.

There are no MPs since the dissolution of Parliament last Friday evening. They have always been aware of this before and named people accordingly.

www.parliament.uk 

Parliament is dissolved on May 30.
[-] The following 3 users Like Matrix's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice

(26-05-2024, 10:49 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Parliament is dissolved on May 30.
I thought that was the original intention, and that's the latest date it could happen for a 4 July GE. However, they're not sitting next week and Parliament was prorogued on Friday evening.

(26-05-2024, 10:54 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I thought that was the original intention, and that's the latest date it could happen for a 4 July GE. However, they're not sitting next week and Parliament was prorogued on Friday evening.

Yes it was prorogued on Friday, ahead of being dissolved on May 30.

commonslibrary.parliament.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like Luc's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Although Parliament has finished its wash-up and been prorogued, they continue to officially be MPs until the dissolution takes place next Thursday.

Also key dates for the diary, the new Parliament post-election will meet for the first time on July 9th, followed by the 2024 State Opening of Parliament & King’s Speech on Wednesday 17th
[-] The following 6 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, MLehon, RhysJR, Stuart, Toby brown