BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

I have to say, mobile broadcasting really is coming into its own with this campaign. Live reports from battle buses, Heck Sky had a reporter on a Kayak with the Lib Dems today, its impressive.
[-] The following 6 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Gibsy, interestednovice, thePineapple, UTVLifer

The First TV election debate will take place next week on ITV, Maybe Tuesday? That will just leave BBC with the other debate I would say in around 2 weeks time. I bet SKY isn't happy about this, as I think they were hopping to get in on the action aswell.

www.independent.co.uk 

Quote:Rishi Sunak and Sir Keir Starmer have reportedly agreed to take part in a televised debate for the first time since the election campaign kicked off.

The Tory and Labour leaders are expected to go head to head on ITV next week, with the exact date yet to be confirmed.
[-] The following 5 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

(28-05-2024, 02:21 PM)lhx1985 Wrote:  The music and graphics were definitely on point with Sky's election programme in 2019. Wonder if they will be bold enough to re-use the music this time? Have a nagging feeling that they'll go safe this time.

The spidercam sweep through the Sky Central building doesn't look as impressive as I remember. The pan towards the glass box isn't as smooth as I thought it was and doesn't really add an awful lot, given that they didn't use the space at all that night.

I think the studio that they are going to use this time around looks more suited. 2019 sure looks grand but it does actually look very odd panning around an empty office building hall. The 2024 studio does really reflect their evolution from the fish tank era to something a bit more conventional yet less bland.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

(28-05-2024, 11:06 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Dare we coin it the "electrahedron"
up.metropol247.co.uk 

Hang on, that’s not Arthur’s theme!

One odd thing with the BBCs coverage is that viewers in Wales and NI will get the national programme on BBC2, but Scotland have to watch it on the News Channel.

I don't know why they're either not putting it on BBC Scotland, or why those in the other two nations need it on BBC2. I imagine the former requires a bit of extra staffing to do, but then Cardiff and Belfast will need that too
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • dvboy, interestednovice, UTVLifer

The BBC announced their team for election night earlier, and slightly surprisingly have confirmed that Clive Myrie and Laura Kuennsberg will be presenting the overnight programme together (rather than either/or, which I think is what was speculated previously).

www.bbc.co.uk 

Outside of Breakfast, this must be the first network BBC News programme in quite some time to be double headed and with both presenters in the same studio? Nice to see something slightly different being attempted.
[-] The following 5 users Like Critique's post:
  • Alessi, bkman1990, CF1, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(28-05-2024, 06:54 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  One odd thing with the BBCs coverage is that viewers in Wales and NI will get the national programme on BBC2, but Scotland have to watch it on the News Channel.

I don't know why they're either not putting it on BBC Scotland, or why those in the other two nations need it on BBC2. I imagine the former requires a bit of extra staffing to do, but then Cardiff and Belfast will need that too

Not sure who this benefits, surely there are people outside England who would rather watch the BBC Two network programming? (which would inevitably include an delayed Today at Wimbledon as happened on four of the first seven days of last year's tournament).
[-] The following 2 users Like dvboy's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(28-05-2024, 07:02 PM)Critique Wrote:  The BBC announced their team for election night earlier, and slightly surprisingly have confirmed that Clive Myrie and Laura Kuennsberg will be presenting the overnight programme together (rather than either/or, which I think is what was speculated previously).

www.bbc.co.uk 

Outside of Breakfast, this must be the first network BBC News programme in quite some time to be double headed and with both presenters in the same studio? Nice to see something slightly different being attempted.

I can't recall a previous election night on the BBC or ITV featuring a double-header, though I think Sky has done it in the past - perhaps in that uear that featured the cheesy intro with Adam Boulton turning towards the camera and posing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • interestednovice

(28-05-2024, 07:02 PM)Critique Wrote:  The BBC announced their team for election night earlier, and slightly surprisingly have confirmed that Clive Myrie and Laura Kuennsberg will be presenting the overnight programme together (rather than either/or, which I think is what was speculated previously).

www.bbc.co.uk 

There is no Paxman/Andrew Neil replacement. Presumably that will be Laura mainly with Clive doing more of the Dimbleby role?
Another change is Jeremy Vine is doing the Swingometer from BBC Wales.
[-] The following 2 users Like cando's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff

What struck me from the BBC's announcements is that Kirsty Wark will be on both the BBC 'Network' coverage and the BBC Scotland coverage. That will presumably take some co-ordination, especially as it seems she will have a prominent role on both
[-] The following 5 users Like excel99's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Jeff, thePineapple, UTVLifer