BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

I think House of Games is being filmed in Salford. Richard Osman did The Rest Is Entertainment from there a few weeks ago because of his House of Games filming commitments.

It has been filmed in Glasgow in the past
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • RhysJR

(29-05-2024, 10:07 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Has Julie hosted all of ITV's debates since the first one in 2010? Trying to think of how many hosts we have had across the channels over the years. From vague memory, it feels like there has been a reasonably high number.

Alastair Stewart hosted the very first in 2010. Julie took over in 2015.
[-] The following 2 users Like chris's post:
  • interestednovice, RhysJR

(29-05-2024, 10:37 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I think House of Games is being filmed in Salford. Richard Osman did The Rest Is Entertainment from there a few weeks ago because of his House of Games filming commitments.

It has been filmed in Glasgow in the past

The series of House of Games in production is being filmed in Salford, so it’s likely that again the ITV debate will come from Dock10, as it has done in previous election years. Let’s see whether they’ll go the extent of plastering the ITV logo all over the entrance area of Dock10/The Studios as they have with previous debates.
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • interestednovice, RhysJR, Stuart

(29-05-2024, 10:07 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Has Julie hosted all of ITV's debates since the first one in 2010? Trying to think of how many hosts we have had across the channels over the years. From vague memory, it feels like there has been a reasonably high number.

2010 was Alastair Stewart on ITV, Adam Boulton on Sky, David Dimbleby on the BBC.
2015 had Dimbleby again on the Beeb (for a 5 way debate with no Cameron or Clegg) and Julie Etchingham on ITV (for a 7 way debate)
2017 had Etchingham on ITV (for a 5 way debate without May and Corbyn) Mishal Husain on the BBC (for a 7 way debate but with Amber Rudd instead of May)
2019 had Nick Robinson on the BBC and Julie Etchingham on ITV. They both had a head to head with Corbyn and Johnson and a 7 way debate with 'senior figures' from the parties (including Sunak for the Tories.)

So 6 moderators over four elections
[-] The following 3 users Like bananaman's post:
  • interestednovice, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(29-05-2024, 09:37 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  They had Johnson Vs Corbyn in 2019.

Indeed, I've just seen a clip now on Newsnight looking back over previous debates. Obviously there'll be no UTV logo this time, but it looks entirely reusable for this time as a design.

STV also announced their debate tonight - it is on Monday 3rd (9-10.30pm) and replaces Love Island in the schedule. It will be coming from Pacific Quay.

news.stv.tv 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure there was one election (it may have been the Scottish referendum) where the STV debate was taken by the BBC News channel.
[-] The following 5 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, interestednovice, Milkshake, UTVLifer

Good on STV for opting out of Love Island when it's being simulcast on ITV2
[-] The following 5 users Like dvboy's post:
  • AndrewP, GMc, interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

Question Time being moved into primetime 8pm for duration of the election and Nick Robinson to do half hour special Panorama interviews ... also some details about debates on the BBC ...

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like NickyS's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(29-05-2024, 10:07 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  As an aside, the ITV election debate will be filmed in Glasgow (I think) next door to House of Games.

The idea I've seen some say off the back of this, f the party leaders doing a week of House of Games does sound quite entertaining to be honest, though very remote.

twitter.com 

Has Julie hosted all of ITV's debates since the first one in 2010? Trying to think of how many hosts we have had across the channels over the years. From vague memory, it feels like there has been a reasonably high number.

The ITV Election Debate on Tuesday is not from Glasgow.

(29-05-2024, 11:21 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure there was one election (it may have been the Scottish referendum) where the STV debate was taken by the BBC News channel.

Definitely recall at least one or two STV election / referendum debates getting a repeat run on BBC Parliament (think the same might have been true for UTV / ITV Wales debates)

A quick glance at how some of the late night political shows have fared ratings wise - Peston notably outrating the revamped Newsnight, which launched with 450k on Tuesday (it averaged around 300k last week)

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • interestednovice