BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Has anyone spotted promos for either ITV or STV debate ( this one is STV only of course) Surprised they have not already started pushing it.

(30-05-2024, 07:14 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Definitely recall at least one or two STV election / referendum debates getting a repeat run on BBC Parliament (think the same might have been true for UTV / ITV Wales debates)

A quick glance at how some of the late night political shows have fared ratings wise - Peston notably outrating the revamped Newsnight, which launched with 450k on Tuesday (it averaged around 300k last week)

x.com 

Always enjoy watching Peston each week, wonder how it does normally? As that’s a great number for 10:45 for an hour…considering what stuff gets at 9pm nowadays!

Rest is Politics looks a bit low rent on the telly as it’s just webcams in their houses. Shame they can’t get into an actual podcast studio for the televised episodes?
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(30-05-2024, 08:09 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Always enjoy watching Peston each week, wonder how it does normally? As that’s a great number for 10:45 for an hour…considering what stuff gets at 9pm nowadays!

Rest is Politics looks a bit low rent on the telly as it’s just webcams in their houses. Shame they can’t get into an actual podcast studio for the televised episodes?

Also interesting that both Peston & Newsnight were up on normal, while BBC1 also had about 900k watching the Race Across the World Reunion show. So a bit more competition than normal too.
[-] The following 2 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(30-05-2024, 08:09 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Rest is Politics looks a bit low rent on the telly as it’s just webcams in their houses. Shame they can’t get into an actual podcast studio for the televised episodes?

They said that this was a rushed show due to the nature of the election announcement and that next week they would be in a studio.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 

I noticed Fiona mentioned Question Time was 'live' for the 8pm broadcast which I know they've been doing on iPlayer but is it the first time they've done it for BBC1 in the history of the show?

They've also completely ripped up the location schedule starting next week and gone for slightly more 'mainstream' it seems

6 June — Rotherham
13 June — Basingstoke
20 June — Bath
27 June — Birmingham
4 July — Hartlepool

6 June — Chester
13 June — Edinburgh
20 June — York
27 June — Birmingham
5 July — London
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • interestednovice

(31-05-2024, 12:29 AM)Johnr Wrote:  I noticed Fiona mentioned Question Time was 'live' for the 8pm broadcast which I know they've been doing on iPlayer but is it the first time they've done it for BBC1 in the history of the show?

They've also completely ripped up the location schedule starting next week and gone for slightly more 'mainstream' it seems

6 June — Rotherham
13 June — Basingstoke
20 June — Bath
27 June — Birmingham
4 July — Hartlepool

6 June — Chester
13 June — Edinburgh
20 June — York
27 June — Birmingham
5 July — London

I'm sure they've had a few 8pm outings especially during the pandemic.

8pm is not new, infact the last election campaign it was on at 8 as well.

Sorry yes I know it has been on at 8pm before but what I meant was is this the first time the actual broadcast has been live (rather than being recorded an hour before)

(31-05-2024, 12:43 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Sorry yes I know it has been on at 8pm before but what I meant was is this the first time the actual broadcast has been live (rather than being recorded an hour before)
No it's been live on BBC1 lots of times.

The programme itself has been done at around that time for at least a decade. Whenever they wanted it on earlier they just do it live. Its been done in previous elections, during covid, IIRC the controversial post 9/11 edition was live too

For the last year or two they've been regularly doing it live onto iPlayer at 8
[-] The following 6 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, Johnr, thePineapple

Andrew Neil is bringing forward the launch of his afternoon show for Times Radio from September to this Monday.

I suspect the aftermath of the Trump trial will have been extra reason to go on air three months early, what with his focus on both the UK and US elections.

Sounds like Matt Chorley will be sticking round for the election before he moves over to 5 Live for their new politics show in September.

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • interestednovice