BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Same here, although I've not been watching much of the news the last few days

x.com 
[-] The following 11 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Ant, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, harryb, harshy, interestednovice, lookoutwales, Milkshake

Credit to BBC - I think their election 24 stream is actually very good and would like to see more of this.

Cutting up various interviews from shows, some bespoke headline packages etc.

Really good bit of work.
[-] The following 5 users Like GraemeT88's post:
  • bkman1990, harryb, interestednovice, Reith85, TVHead

Is ITV actually promoting this ITV debate with any promos? The best STV has done is create a ECP slide and been promoting it that way but no proper promos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • interestednovice

(01-06-2024, 07:03 PM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  Credit to BBC - I think their election 24 stream is actually very good and would like to see more of this.

Cutting up various interviews from shows, some bespoke headline packages etc.

Really good bit of work.

Would much rather you could view each piece on demand though rather than it being put into a linear stream.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

It’s highly unlikely I would seek out the individual bits tho, just the ease of chucking on a wee half hour fill of todays latest is nice

(02-06-2024, 01:25 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Is ITV actually promoting this ITV debate with any promos? The best STV has done is create a ECP slide and been promoting it that way but no proper promos.

Did spot a trail for it last night during The 1% Club last night - nothing too spectacular, a fairly simple text-based effort.
[-] The following 4 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Milkshake, thePineapple

I suspect the debates are something the media and political circles get very excited about but the general public not so much. I think it's an election where most have already made their decision.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, cando, chrisherald, scottishtv

(02-06-2024, 05:37 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I suspect the debates are something the media and political circles get very excited about but the general public not so much. I think it's an election where most have already made their decision.

These debates have always rated fairly well (consistent with a soap rating, and generally higher than a usual 2100 slot). Sky tends to talk them down a bit now, probably because they haven’t had their own one since 2010
[-] The following 4 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, interestednovice, Luc

The BBC has announced its debates for the election

Friday 7 June, London – Mishal Husain will host a 7-way debate between “leading figures” from the parties. Airing from 7.30pm-9pm.

Thursday 20 June, York – 2 hour Question Time Leaders’ Special with Fiona Bruce with the leaders of the four biggest parties

Wednesday 26 June, Nottingham – Sophie Raworth will host a head-to-head debate between Rishi Sunak and Sir Keir Starmer: 9pm-10pm.

Nick Robinson has invited each of the leaders of the seven biggest political parties in Great Britain to be interviewed for Panorama specials during the remainder of the campaign

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 7 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Milkshake, Reith85, thePineapple

(28-05-2024, 10:51 PM)dvboy Wrote:  There won't be a BBC Two option in Scotland so not a problem there, unless you meant for Wales and Northern Ireland in which case if they aren't publicising it then what's the point?

I meant Wales & NI, yes.

Of course, BBC Two Scotland not existing is the problem here - and why I don’t expect them to publicise BBC Two at all.

(02-06-2024, 05:37 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I suspect the debates are something the media and political circles get very excited about but the general public not so much.

Back in 2010, the debates were widely viewed as being key to the Lib Dems doing so well in the election, as it gave an opportunity for Nick Clegg to introduce himself to the non-politics-following public. I think the impact of the debates probably has the potential to be quite large at any given election, personally.