BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(03-06-2024, 01:47 PM)dvboy Wrote:  Which goes back to the point that if it's on the NC why do they need to put it on BBC Two in NI and Wales, instead of the network BBC Two programmes as an election-free alternative?
So the viewers who want to watch it can watch it in HD?

BBC Parliament has shown Scotland's programme for every General election since 2010 (and possibly before - the /programmes website doesn't go back to 2005), so I'd be surprised if they didn't do it again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • interestednovice

TV Gold! Bound to see this on Have I Got News For You this week!

x.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, MLehon, Nobby, Steve in Pudsey, Stooky Bill, Stuart, UTVLifer

(03-06-2024, 05:19 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  The last 15 minutes of Sky News has been fantastic, I highly recommend rewinding. Great graphics going over the latest YouGov poll, and a bonus Grant Shapps calling Sam Coates live on air but then hung up when he found out he was live on TV.

It looks fantastic! Here a few caps. Not the biggest fan of the odd shape of the Millbank studio but it really suits this and the new screens are crisp enough for them to zoom in on the map and point at the small constituencies.

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Milkshake, Stuart, UTVLifer

The studio looks fantastic and I prefer it when they do graphics such as these on real screens (so long as they are clear enough to read) instead of virtually
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff

Any word if Border Scotland are opting out of the Network at 9pm tonight and taking the STV Scottish Leaders debate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-06-2024, 06:03 PM)Gary McEwan Wrote:  Any word if Border Scotland are opting out of the Network at 9pm tonight and taking the STV Scottish Leaders debate?

Not according to the schedule in Digiguide (which does have the SNP PPB at 18:55)

(03-06-2024, 05:22 PM)thegeek Wrote:  So the viewers who want to watch it can watch it in HD?

Is HD really that important for the small number of viewers who would rather watch the network programme over the Scottish one?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-06-2024, 05:19 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  The last 15 minutes of Sky News has been fantastic, I highly recommend rewinding. Great graphics going over the latest YouGov poll, and a bonus Grant Shapps calling Sam Coates live on air but then hung up when he found out he was live on TV.

The only unfortunate thing was the breaking news just before the result was announced, making the photograph of the Reform leader already out of date.

Couldn't be helped though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fusionlad's post:
  • interestednovice

Today's Politics Hub showing the benefits of the expanded Millbank set. The original section is continuing to be used as a 'magic wall' for the YouGov MRP while the panelists are on the newsroom desk. Lately the panel had been on a sort of coffee table arrangement to the left side of the original set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • interestednovice

See ITV have now scheduled an hour of live interviews with the smaller parties (excluding Plaid Cymru) after the debate tomorrow meaning the News at Ten becomes the News at Ten Past Eleven.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, thePineapple

I don't get why ITV don't bring the debate forward to 8pm and have the smaller parties interviews on at 9 (or ten-past) - allowing the News to air at a reasonable time. At 8, it's a repeat of Beat the Chasers anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like GMc's post:
  • AJB39, interestednovice