BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(07-06-2024, 08:50 PM)DTV Wrote:  It's a shame that Mishal presumably quite likes the Today role, because she is very much the gold-standard news presenter and interviewer in this country, but, for the general audience, just doesn't get enough outings. Would have been a fantastic choice for election nights and Sunday mornings.

I agree 100%. It's a real shame she doesn't have more of a profile on BBC Television.

(07-06-2024, 08:50 PM)DTV Wrote:  It's a shame that Mishal presumably quite likes the Today role, because she is very much the gold-standard news presenter and interviewer in this country, but, for the general audience, just doesn't get enough outings. Would have been a fantastic choice for election nights and Sunday mornings.

Mishal has said recently that she is giving active thought to the next stage of her career. She isn't saying she is leaving the Today programme but has been on it I think for 11 years and gets up at 3am for it. Prior to that she had also done Breakfast. Mishal has always kept her hand in with TV so nothing is impossible and given she had hosted this evening that suggests that her capabilities are recognised.
[-] The following 8 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, DTV, Jeff, Spencer, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

BBC Scotland has got its promo out now for its Debate next week, so its clear what were getting. I hope they keep it up. Plus the endcap for the Debate tonight:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, scottishtv

She did very well in allowing time for debate, yet halting those who were going off-topic and asking for clarification when required.

When you have seven people debating I'd imagine it's rather like herding cats. Excellent job!

I liked the titles and the set in the Radio Theatre. The lower thirds are also much better as 16:9 safe.
[-] The following 10 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Jeff, matthieu1221, Reith85, thePineapple

(07-06-2024, 07:38 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Using the BBC Radio Theatre is an excellent move.
Agreed it looked good and is an under used resource in central London, however i'm surprised no one has mentioned that the lip-sync was out (audio early) thoughout the entire 90mins
[-] The following 1 user Likes eggsontoast's post:
  • octothorpe

Are we to assume that the titles seen tonight are very much along the lines of what we’ll get at 10pm on the 4th July?

should it have said BBC and NEWS at the bottom rather then BBC and ELECTION at the bottom? The Election Debate from BBC News, rather then The Election Debate from BBC Election?

Also seemed to have no mention of the 24 logo on the titles themselves?
[-] The following 6 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, LargelyALurker, Spencer

A bit of luck that the latest series of Dead Ringers finished last week, as they would usually be in the BBC Radio Theatre at the end of the week (perhaps recording on a Thursday - for Friday night broadcast - though?).

Agree it looked great, and nice to see an updated design for the set and podiums.
[-] The following 5 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Reith85, Stuart

The set was very nice. Much nicer than ITV’s.

Which is a shame as for the debates in 2015 & 2017, ITV had a very nice set with very clever downward lighting on the podiums.

[-] The following 7 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Jeff, Stuart, UTVLifer

(07-06-2024, 07:38 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Using the BBC Radio Theatre is an excellent move.
Always looks good, it's a really handy studio for intimate events.

I've never understood why it looks like there are what looks like the top of door frames on the side walls. I'm pretty sure the floor hasn't been made 5 foot higher, I presume it's an odd architectural thing

(07-06-2024, 10:23 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  A bit of luck that the latest series of Dead Ringers finished last week, as they would usually be in the BBC Radio Theatre at the end of the week (perhaps recording on a Thursday - for Friday night broadcast - though?).
The News Quiz was back on in that slot tonight, that is recorded in the Radio Theatre too. Both (and The Now Show when it was on) record on Thursday night, just like Have I Got News For You
[-] The following 6 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, scottishtv, Stuart, UTVLifer