BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Sky's Breakfast, Jayne Secker's Today slot and NAT in addition to Sophy Ridge will be live for Grimsby tomorrow as part of the buildup and ramp down of the main event at 7pm (promo shown at the end of the Politics Hub). Jon Craig also drew from a bag of balls to choose who'll be going first... and it'll be Keir Starmer.

(11-06-2024, 04:50 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Sophie Raworth has had to pull out of hosting the Sunak v Starmer debate due to an ankle fracture, with Mishal stepping in.

www.mirror.co.uk 

www.bbc.com 

The debate has been expanded by 15 minutes. Running from 20.15 to 21.30.

It will now be followed by 30 minutes of analysis with Clive and Laura K on BBC ONE.
[-] The following 3 users Like cando's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald

(11-06-2024, 04:32 PM)TVHead Wrote:  You can see these in action in this video here:
www.youtube.com 

If this is an indication of where the BBC News graphics may be going then it looks quite smart. Slightly twitching over the positioning of the text for the single line (e.g. headline for the story) as it's drifted slightly upwards and not aligned centrally on the vertical. I also wish they would add some transparency so you can slightly see the pictures behind - at one point it blocks out all the children's faces completely.

However, looks neat and quite a good evolution of the current graphics. The animations are subtle but also flow nicely.
[-] The following 2 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

For anyone interested the Panorama interviews were apparently recorded in studio 44D, according to x.com .

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

It's a lovely little set, isn't it?! The BBC microphone and the BBC blocks are lovely touches.
[-] The following 9 users Like madmusician's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Jeff, Reith85, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(12-06-2024, 12:52 PM)madmusician Wrote:  It's a lovely little set, isn't it?! The BBC microphone and the BBC blocks are lovely touches.
I recall designing a Breakfast set for a Gallery on one of the old places that had some background shelving which included a Reithian microphone and over-the-shoulder BBC blocks as decoration. Not that I'm claiming credit, perhaps it's just something of a natural idea?
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

(12-06-2024, 12:52 PM)madmusician Wrote:  It's a lovely little set, isn't it?! The BBC microphone and the BBC blocks are lovely touches.

The blocks are slightly too far apart. 😱

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • Rxtx

Has anyone spotted a promo for the ITV debate tomorrow?

Sky's Battle for Number 10 started with a montage. Then, live footage of Rishi Sunak arriving bang on time (luckily for them!). Sophy Ridge presenting in the 'spin room' until 7:30pm when the main event starts.

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

The ‘Battle for Number 10’ design is so lovely, it almost makes me wish Sky had used it for the wider election coverage. As much as I do like the Politics Hub branding, it’s hard not to feel underwhelmed seeing them just change the text to ‘Vote 2024’.
[-] The following 8 users Like JK08's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, fusionlad, interestednovice, LTNewslover, matthieu1221, UTVLifer