BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(13-06-2024, 11:13 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Quality not great for Labours launch today, it's almost like a lens element is out of whack.

An issue corrected... just as Keir Starmer finishes his speech

850k for the Sky News debate last night.
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald

(13-06-2024, 03:43 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  850k for the Sky News debate last night.
I wonder is that a combined rating between Sky Showcase and Sky News?

Was Panorama: Election Interviews on across the whole country yesterday night, and who was the subject?

I assume both these Panorama interviews and the Tonight specials will be featuring all 7 leaders, or just the ones standing in England?
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, Newshound47, UTVLifer

(13-06-2024, 06:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Was Panorama: Election Interviews on across the whole country yesterday night, and who was the subject?

The interview with Rhun Ap Iowerth (Plaid Cymru) was shown in Wales. The interview with John Swinney (SNP) was shown in Scotland, Northern Ireland and England.

(13-06-2024, 06:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Was Panorama: Election Interviews on across the whole country yesterday night, and who was the subject?

I assume both these Panorama interviews and the Tonight specials will be featuring all 7 leaders, or just the ones standing in England?

Seems the entire country got John Swinney, except for Wales, who got Rhun ap Iorwerth.
[-] The following 2 users Like what's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

The ITV debate tonight is a bit of a shambles. Everybody is talking over each other and moderating is ineffective.
[-] The following 6 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Milkshake, Reith85, Stuart

Tonight's party election broadcast from Reform UK was rather weird. For the whole five minutes, just the one silent static caption appearead on screen - no policies, no politicians, no voters, none of the usual hallmarks of a political broadcast.

Not sure how effectove that would be in appealing to voters (especially with their leader being one of the more recognisable politicans around) but it's got me and a few others online talking about, so I guess it worked in a way.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 9 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Hadrien, Happy2001, London Lite, Nobby

(13-06-2024, 08:51 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  The ITV debate tonight is a bit of a shambles. Everybody is talking over each other and moderating is ineffective.

I think the broadcasts seem to thing the debate are great way to get people attention. The truth is Sky version of the debates are so much better and public can fish out the party leaders etc alot better.

However ITV has FAILED it seems to promote this debate, I do have to say, its weird how the broadcasts have failed to promote the election and its programmes compared to pervious years.

If you look at the bigger picture, I think we could have seen this coming as both the BBC and ITV have curtailed there promotion of certain programmes and aspects of the channels, which is baffling.
[-] The following 3 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

Is there any particular reason there are no STV logos on set for these debates, this year?